Monday, April 20, 2015
Friday, April 3, 2015
So, how is y’all’s April going so far? I am so behind on things, and I mean everything, and I find myself amazed that March flew by in such quickness. I looked and I only made one blog post the entire month, even though I had lots of things planned to talk to y’all about.
But no worries…we’re here now, right?
I think I’ll catch up with a bulleted list (I know, I’m taking the easy way out but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, right? lol)…
- I spent far more time in March at the VA Clinic taking my sister/mother for doctor’s appointments than I care to remember. She’s not doing very well lately and we’re trying to figure out why.
- We went on a little trip with the Grandboy and our friends, Antoyne and Donna, to one of our favorite drag races in Gainesville, Florida the weekend of March 14-15th. I won a contest to give the two of them their Baptism-by-Nitro…such an honor and a thoroughly awesome experience. (Can you tell what a blast we’re all having?)
- My little sister and her husband came down for a few days at the end of the month. I didn’t get to see as much of them as I’d like to have thanks to just that overall feeling like crap feeling I deal with so often. Ugh!
- And the biggest news of late? Savannah (my oldest daughter) has her own place and she & Noah are in the process of moving out! YAY!!! It’s only about 10 minutes away but I am already starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend I’ll be able to start moving my art stuff back into the space I used to call my studio…you know, the space that she wound up using as her room. I’m not bitter, just ready to have my life and house back.
- So she would have some furniture for her living room, we gave her our sofa and loveseat…that way we could get some new living room furniture. That doubles the goodness for me. lol
So that’s some of what happened to my March. How was yours?
While I’ve been away from blogging, my mind has been busy at work and one thing that I’ve been wanting to set up is a paper/ephemera trade. I have tons of various papers, gelli prints, clippings and bits of collage, etc. but I think we all get tired of our own stash, don’t we? I just thought that a trade would be a great way to freshen up our stashes.
If it’s something you would be interested in, please leave a comment. If there are enough that want to participate, I’ll be glad to head things up. If there are only a couple of us, we can still do it but just keep it small. I do hope you’ll join me. I think it could be fun.
If this works out then next on my list is to start an art journal exchange or round robin (depending on number of participants.) Be thinking if that is something that you might be interested in joining in on. I know that life is busy for everyone but we can keep things calm and interesting without it being one more thing to be pressured about, I’m sure of it.
There you have it…my thoughts du jour.
I hope you have a great weekend planned.
Peace & Love,