Thursday, February 5, 2015

Using Your Junk Mail

The internet is, all at once, my greatest love and my worst enemy.

What happens is this: I can get online at 9am to check email and read my favorite blogs, and then *BAM* it’s 6:30pm and everyone is hungry, asking me “where is dinner?” I am being totally serious here…Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, my own list of blogs that I read, YouTube, Artstronauts Club, even the occasional perusing of Facebook can be my downfall…each one is a total time-suck (that’s a new word I invented, in case you’re wondering.)

I know better than to let myself get pulled into that never ending vortex of just peeking at one of them for just a sec. HA! Inevitably I get lost down the internet rabbit hole and have to be pulled away by some familial duty that I am hounded to take care of. LOL…sorta.

I really have to stop doing that, ya know?

Okay, enough blabbing about my insane internet addiction.

Now it’s time for me to share my weekly planner page layout. I really should have posted this Monday but, well, you know…I was in the midst of a binge and just couldn’t pull myself away to even write a blog post. (I know, it’s sad.)

Anyway, it’s a little bit different today.01e83cacca86f8aa553a8f393ce6f60f409d536bd6 I know you all know exactly what these fabulous papers are, right? Yep, junk mail return envelopes. I am trying very hard not to hoard paper the way I’ve been known to do in the past but I love seeing all the different patterns that these come in so I saved a few and decided to use them in my planner this week.

01835e0e8f3cc1766ed4afdb91fb7fbadf2aa68c97

 

 

 

 

<--I mean, c’mon, just look at that…isn’t that the coolest pattern ever? I just couldn’t throw it away.

 

 

 

 

 

Cut them down to fit the days, glue them down with a differing pattern on each day, then throw in some various washi tapes (another addiction of mine *sigh*) as dividers and borders, and there you have it, this weeks planner spread, ready to go.

01986f82d9aec6949895d83d805a989599956cbdc4

Here it is with the days of the 01f57e630de3d40ed823ec58602f29ab0ab994dac1week and dates done, as well as the first 3 days of the week journaled with images added.

I do wish I had stuck with the Moleskine planner that I used last year. As much as I like having larger areas for each day, this planner is not holding up well to the little bit of wear I have put it through so far this year. Something tells me the whole thing will fall apart long before the new year.

Oh well, you work with what you got, right?

In other news, I am going to be listing some of the stamps that I handcarved for #CarveDecember in my shop over the next few days. If there is one of them that you had your eye on, let me know and I’ll make sure to list it for you.

Also, I have found an absolutely AWESOME new supply to share with y’all…next time.

Peace & Love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. My junk mail doesn't look as interesting as yours does! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used your envelopes! What type of journal are you using in place of the moleskine?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...