Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tendrils–Day 17 of #CarveDecember

I despise days when I ache bad all over and have the icky stomach and my head feels like it’s going to explode and the whole days is just YUK!

Yeah, today was one of those days.

But, keeping to my word (to myself), I carved anyway. In fact, that’s probably why my head has felt like a million screaming 4 year olds were playing inside it all day. But I digress…

IMG_0079Day 17 of this wonderful stamp carving adventure brings Tendrils…just a something I drew up and worked all day at carving, a little here and a little there, until it was done.

Don’t go looking too close or you’ll see all the little oopsies of mine. They add character, though, right? lol

I do like doing these repeating stamps, I just wish I was better at lining them up. Does anyone have any tricks they want to share with me on this?

I have no idea what I’ll end up using this baby for but I’m sure I’ll find some use for it. We all know I love my art journals so I bet it pops up here and there in those.

In other news…

Have you finished Christmas shopping? I have 2 more gifts to buy and I’m done. Thankfully.

I haven’t said anything about it but this has been a tough Christmas to get ready for this year. My husband has gone through some job changes the past couple of months and is now going back to his original employer…but won’t start until the end of January.

It’s been 2 1/2 months since he got a regular check and our savings is wiped out…not to mention that we have no insurance and my meds alone are over $500 a month without it. Why does it always come down to money? I hate that!!!

*sigh*

I am the one that keeps everyone UP and I try to be optimistic about everything but this has really pushed me to the edge. I have tried to just stay quiet about things and keep the smile on my face, reminding him (and myself) that everything will be fine.

And it will.

It’s just hard to not let it get to me sometimes.

*shrug*

Sorry ‘bout that. Sometimes ya just have to unload and whine a little. At least I do.

Like I always say, though, tomorrow will be better.

Peace & Love to you all,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Barb I would like to honour your courage in speaking about your difficulties. This time of year can be particularly difficult for a lot of people. I wish you peace and contentment this holiday season. My thoughts are with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent all you need to ... it does the body good. I want to wish you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year ... and I LOVE that stamp! I haven't figured out how to carve them so they will line up, so yours is expertly done in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to unload, end of Jan will be here before you know it! Your stamp is beautiful, admire your courage and you're a great mom, wife, grandma keeping everyone spirits afloat! Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to think you for unloading in such a kind and honest way! You speak the words of many. It's nice to hear not everyone has a perfect life; me being one of many! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...