Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Life is Meant to be Lived

I often wonder how other people live. I mean, I know what it’s like to live in my house, in my life, with my family…I just wonder about other peoples lives.

IMG_0071So many of you have thanked me for being honest and real…for showing that I, like everyone else on earth, has problems and struggles and that nothing is perfect. That made me start thinking as I looked around at the other blogs I read. Way too many folks only show us the perfect, good, shiny parts of their lives, and none of the ick that we all live with from time to time.

All that seems to do is make the rest of us feel like we are less-than, that we are broken and tarnished in comparison but we’re not. We are normal and, contrary to what they show us, they aren’t perfect, their lives aren’t perfect either. No one has a perfect life…not Oprah or Kim Kardashian or your favorite artist. None of us. None of them.

But, and this is a huge BUT, life is beautiful anyway. Even when it’s far from perfect and the days are dreary and the bills are past due and nothing seems to be going right, life is still damn beautiful.

I know I haven’t mentioned #CarveDecember today and it’s been a few days since I posted but this just seemed more important to me today. Also, today is my mother/sister, Donne’s, birthday so I’ve been busy doing for her and I still have to cook her Birthday dinner (fried catfish, hushpuppies, french fries, cole slaw, rolls and key lime pie for dessert.)

I do have stamps to share and I’ll be back with those in a day or two. You know how busy things get with the holidays so it might take a couple but you guys have my word, I’m not disappearing again.

Much Peace & Love to you all,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. I wonder that alot too! I struggle just to do the little that I get done, and the rest of the time is spent feeling sick in bed. I try to keep my page positive, but I don't pretend to be any other way, that seems like it would be exhausting! I love that you keep it real. :) love visiting your blog, though I rarely comment. I'm trying to interact more, lol, but that's hard too. I guess when you live in your bedroom you get a bit anti-social. At least, I do. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story Barb.... we all appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I think seeing all the perfection causes people to feel unnecessarily pressured. Perfect food, art, lives, clothes, homes. Doing something well is an admirable goal, but trying for perfection just makes us miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...