Monday, December 8, 2014

Frame- Day 8 of #CarveDecember

I am really loving carving these stamps. It’s the one part of my day that I can forget the rest of the world and all the “stuff” going on in life and just relax. It’s so good to just go off into myself and just enjoy creating something.

Today I started work on what will probably wind up being the most complex and time consuming stamp I’ve ever done. I do know it’s not going to be one done in a day, that’s for sure.

I stopped work on my masterpiece (HA!) to have a stamp completed for 015a2a147f3d7861a9f0ceac78148c6ade24030b66today.

I decided to do a little something I’ve been wanting for a while...a frame for journaling or whatever.

Instead of using my trusty Speedy-Carve, I used a large eraser I bought ages ago for a dollar at Target. It carves super easy so I had to be super careful...I did make a mistake here and there but hey, it adds to the originality of it, right? lol

I like that I can turn it either way and I can also see using it to frame a key word or even a picture in my art journals.

On another note, I’m wanting start doing some online classes again and would love input from y’all on what kind of classes you’d be interested in. If you have ideas or if there are things you want to learn or know more about, please let me know...I love to share what I know. Just leave your ideas in a comment or feel free to drop me a quick email (craft4therapy@gmail.com) and I will be forever grateful!

OH, I’ve started work on a new video of a journal flip-through of one of my art journals that I’ve finished. It’s been way too long since I posted a video...I really shouldn’t let so much time go by without doing these kind of things. Depression can do some freaky things to your brain and, especially, to your creativity.

Hopefully, that is behind me...at least, for a while.

Peace & Love,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Loving your carve series, but REALLY excited about the journal flip-thru!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...