Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Feather / Bee–Days 15 & 16 of #CarveDecember

Would someone please send me a new brain…mine is on the fritz big time! I can’t seem to remember anything these days. And don’t even go to thinking it’s because I’m getting old…I refuse to believe that! lol

Anyway, I just plain forgot to post yesterday so, once again, y’all get a two-fer today. Woo hoo!!!, right? Ha!

IMG_0064Moving right along, I love boxes and I’ve had this one for years but the lid was about to fall apart. Duct Tape to the rescue and all is well.IMG_0065

I put together all of my stamp carving gear into my lovely box so now I have it all together for when I get ready to carve.

Pretty dang sweet, wouldn’t ya say?

Anyway, on to the carving…

Day 15 – Today’s stamp is inspired by the stamps created by Alisa Burke. I absolutely love all of her stamp line but her feathers are so awesome that I just IMG_0066had to attempt a similar one myself.

One thing  she does that I love is incorporating circles into her feathers so I did plenty of those here.

I know that I have made it pretty impossible to tell the size of most of my stamps that I’ve carved during #CarveDecember but this one is almost 6 inches tall.

I can’t say that mine is nearly as beautiful as Alisa’s but I’m pretty pleased with it, nonetheless.

I also think I’ll get lots of good use out of it in my art journals, too.

Day 16 – Today’s stamp is all about my latest obsession, bees.

I love bees.

My nickname from my Daddy was B-B-Doll so maybe that’s part of it. But really, bees seem to have been a theme for my life for as long as I can remember, showing up in so many ways…my first car was a Datsun B210 Honeybee; as a kid they’d just land on me for no reason and never stinging me, either; and more.

I don’t know exactly why but I LOVE them.

So, in honor of my love affair with the bees, I present:IMG_0076This may be my very favorite stamp I’ve ever carved.

Hope everyone is doing great and carving your hearts out!

Peace & Love,
~Barb~ 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are becoming a stamp carving master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bee stamp (but I am no friend to the bees I'm afraid, lol) but that feather stamp is AWESOME!!! And I love Alisha's stamps too and honestly I thought it WAS hers at first! Great job on that feather (you could always carve one for me if you want, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice carving...so glad you are sharing them with us! I can't wait to get back to some myself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...