Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Circles: Day 2 #carvedecember

I haven’t made any sort of plan of what I’m going to carve over the next month but I do have some ideas of things I need to practice in my carving. Circles are one of those things that I always seem to mess up so they are what I focused on today.

IMG_0018

Here is my carved stamp for this 2nd day of carving…definitely not perfect but a huge improvement from circles I’ve carved in the past. I do see some spots that I should really go back and clean up but imperfection is really the name of the game in stamp carving so I think I will just leave this one as is.

I like having stamps to use in my art journals so shapes, borders, flowers, and the like tend to be ones that I get the most use out of (instead of animals or words, etc.) and I can see this one being used pretty frequently.

Anyway, my sister/mother (she lives with us) is coming home today from her 10 day Thanksgiving visit with family in Arkansas. Her plane will be here shortly so I’m out the door for the airport.

Y’all have a great Tuesday.

Peace & Love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. That looks incredible! I love to carve, but circles scare me just a bit, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I used to feel that same way...even felt that way about working in my art journals. Fear of messing up or something, I guess. But know what I finally realized? So what? So what if I do mess up that stamp I'm carving or that page I'm creating...there is more rubber to carve and certainly more paper to journal on...so who cares. Go for it, girl...just go for it!
    Peace & Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lines are so straight ... very versatile and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...