Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Choosing Images – AJ Wednesday

I have been wondering if things are ever going to get better for me and my family. Since the grandboy came to live with us, things have been really rough. Rough financially, health-wise, stress-wise, just rough in every kind of way.

I feel like my hubby and I really need some time away from all the day to day stuff for a just little while; some time to reconnect. Finally we are planning a little something and I am more excited than you can imagine. It’s been probably 3 years since we had any real time away. Not sure what we’re going to do or where we’re going to go but, dang it, we’re going somewhere! lol

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, art journaling....and now it’s time to focus on choosing your images, both primary focal images and secondary images.

Here’s a video showing you how I choose images for my art journals:

Here is the video I mention at the beginning of my video above…this great video is from Teesha Moore:

I love how Teesha explains things...so clear and to the point. She makes it all look so easy...and it is, really. You just have to get your brain and thinking out of the way and trust your intuition, then the art will come.

I believe there are a ton of great art journalers out there to learn from and I try to soak it all in. Teesha is a great one to learn from but remember, her method or my method may not be the way you choose to work in your own art journals. This is the point where I encourage you to trust your gut, follow your urges, experiment on the pages, do something crazy or wild in there. You can do anything you want...it’s your art journal.

I’m sure you’ve heard it before but I want to tell you again, there are NO mistakes in  art journaling.

 “But what if I make a big mess on one/some of my pages?” is something I’ve been asked many times. My answer is very simple...who cares, there will always be more paper. So go and make those messes, then turn the page and make another mess. 

Before I close I want to encourage everyone to ask any questions you might have, anything you might wonder about. I want you to be inquisitive...it can lead to some wonderful experiments.

Now, go and enjoy your evening, play in your journal (a lot!), have fun, make some extraordinary messes, and I’ll be back soon with more of the good stuff.

peace & love,
Barb

12 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    New to your blog, and lovin' it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, like you, we have allowed our daughter and her 4 small children move in with us. I completely understand where you're coming from. I recently began art journaling and it was my release. I'm so much calmer just getting that time to myself. My husband and I regularly take an evening off for ourselves and our sanity. I look forward to hearing and seeing what inspiration you get while you take your trip. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks for sharing... so going to visit you on youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for another great post, Barb. I love that you're willing to show yourself on video and just be you. I wouldn't be visiting your blog if I didn't enjoy who you are. :)

    I hope you and your hubby can have a relaxing and refreshing time together. Big hugs and prayers to you as you go through this difficult time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you purchase your Permaball pens, Barb? I haven't been able to find them in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly, the only place I have been able to find them here in the US is through Scarlet Lime...http://www.scarletlime.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=penSL . That's the only place carrying them anymore. Hope that helps.
      peace & love,
      Barb

      Delete
  7. Barb, you are a Brave Girl! Thank you for letting us into your story a little. Do you know about the Brave Girls' Club: http://bravegirlsclub.com
    And thank you for helping me with the practicalities of making some art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, you are a Brave Girl! Thank you for sharing some of your story with us. Do you know about the Brave Girls' Club?? Here's the link: http://bravegirlsclub.com
    And thank you for spurring me on with making some art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Barb, hope you're doing ok. We all miss you here, but understand that life is stressful right now. ((((Hugs))))
    Can't wait to see you back once things are a little less hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barb.....just found your blog and signed up. Thank you for the video.....you are great on camera. I look forward to learning and sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - I did the grown daughter, 3 grandkids, bad marriage (mine and hers) for 1 year, 9 months and 3 days. I feel you....."This too shall pass"....the words I live by in all tough times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...