Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Rough Start to the New Year

Hi all. Sorry I’ve been so absent these past few days, it’s just been a rough time around the ol’ household.

I don’t know about y’all but when my husband is sick, he turns into a 2 year old that needs to be taken care of...constantly. I’m not saying this to make fun of him (well, kinda but he doesn’t read my blog so...lol) but more to explain why I’ve had absolutely NO time to myself in the past week.

early shinglesHe has Shingles.

If you don’t know what Shingles are, Google ‘em...they are related to the Chickenpox virus.

It started with a little rash on his back. It almost reminded me of ringworm or something but I figured it was just dry skin.

A week later and that little dry patch isn’t so little anymore and shingles a week laterI’ll tell you one thing, he has been in excruciating pain almost non-stop for a week. We ended up at the Emergency Room Monday morning (I was thinking he’s having a heart attack) to find out he has Shingles. This virus includes a rash that itches like mad and what is described as nearly unbearable pain.

Yep, that pretty well describes how he’s felt for a week now.

Thankfully, he’s starting to feel better.

I know, gross pics but hey, ya can’t say I don’t share the good and the bad, huh?

Anyway, I hope you’ve been working in your art journal, playing and having a good ol’ time while I’ve been tending to my man. I will be back with you guys very shortly...let me get him back to work and I will have a ton of new stuff coming down the pike.

I’ll see you Saturday with more of the good stuff.

peace & love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl, don't worry about us, just take care of the Hubs! I also have a 2 year old when he gets sick! Grrr Take care of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he gets to feeling better soon ... you're a good wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had shingles, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. I hope your husband feels better soon. Shingles is is by far the worst pain I've experienced in my life, and I've been through natural childbirth (no drugs) twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owwwwww. My father and sister have both had shingles and it sounds absolutely horrible. If I hear of anything they found helpful I'll let you know . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...