Monday, December 9, 2013

Yummy Honey Garlic Chicken

I don’t know about y’all but I am a total Pinterest geek. I love finding new and interesting ideas, pictures, inspiration and recipes on the internet and now, with the advent of Pinterest, I actually have somewhere to keep all those bits I find and collect.

I’m all about cooking, too. I may not be the best cook but I definitely get an A for effort in this category. The grandboy swears I am the best cook in the world so, there is that. lol

Anyway, I ran across this recipe in my internet wanderings (you can find the original recipe at Slender Kitchen) and decided to put it to the test for supper tonight. I love anything that I can cook in my crockpot since that makes it easy to make a big meal with less kitchen time for me. Win-win, I say.

I went out to the mailbox earlier and when I came back inside the smell of this delicious chicken dish greeted me. It struck me that it made our house smell like a home...the smells of cooking, like walking into my Momma’s house.

That’s such a good feeling.

I wanted to share this yummy dish with y’all since it is soooo easy and totally delish, too. I have tweaked the recipe to suit our family since we needed more than the original recipe made. If you like chicken (cause I love chicken,) I can’t imagine not loving this, so....

Honey Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

  • 2-2.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs, cut into chunks
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
  • 2/3 cup soy sauce
  • 2/3 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • Pinch red pepper flakes

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the garlic, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, and honey.
  2. Add the chicken to the crockpot.
  3. Pour the sauce over and mix everything together.
  4. Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low for 2-2.5 hours.
  5. For crispy outside, spread onto a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes.

I served ours with some white rice, steamed oriental veggie mix (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, etc) and some eggroll crisps.

Yum!

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Now, time to work in my journal for a while so I can work on my Art Journaling Wednesday post.

peace & love,
Barb

PS. If you’re on Pinterest and want to follow me, you can find me HERE. Be sure to leave your Pinterest addy for me, too, so I can follow you.

1 comment:

  1. Seems so spicy.... I like this food guide, very thanks for hosting this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...