Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Yep, this is THAT blog post

I’ve had my laptop open to this post for two days now and every time I start to type, I hesitate...and then I realize that I have nothing of real substance to say. I seem to feel that I need to be all kinds of philosophical as one year ends and another begins. I just don’t think I have any deep thoughts like that right now.

How do you draw a blank yet have total chaotic thoughts running rampant in your brain? I know, it makes no sense to me either.

It just is what it is.

003

It’s hard to resist the urge to get all melancholy as I think back over the past year. I try hard but it never works so I’ve given up trying and I’m just going to go with it.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to bore y’all with all my memories and lessons learned. I will, however, be spending a little time spilling some of these thoughts into my art journal. It’s the perfect place for these thoughts and memories.

I’m also going to refrain from telling you all about the resolutions I’m making for the New Year, too. Not being polite here, I’m just not making any resolutions. Sure, I’ve got goals and I will be working toward those but resolutions? Nah, not for me.

My word for the year? Nope, not doing that either.

Bucket list? Uh uh, don’t think so.

Plans? Yes, I am doing some serious planning and goal setting but I’m just not going to go the route that is typical for the New Year. I want 2014 to be different...better. I want it to be more full of life than this past year has been. The only way that is going to happen is if I make changes that will make it different, better, and more full of life.

It is up to me. I know this.

I am excited about The Documented Life Project and I’m really going to put a huge effort into following though and sticking with it for the entire year. I have a horrible habit of signing up for things and after a week or a month (if I’m lucky,) I let it fall to the wayside. I don’t want to do that this time. I’m hoping the friends I have doing it with me and the new friends I’m making there will help keep me accountable and into it.

flowers2One thing I am proud of myself for doing in 2013 is getting my butt in gear and doing more blogging and actually doing it regularly. I’m proud of getting AJ Wednesdays started and I’m looking forward to sharing more art journaling ideas with y’all over the upcoming year.

I’ve tried to do other blogs but I love that I’ve come full circle and found myself back where my blogging life began. Craft Therapy encompasses so much more than just crafts...It’s my home online and I like it here.

I’m glad you’re here, too.

Once we get through the New Year and life settles back down from all the holiday hustle and bustle, I will be back blogging on a normal schedule. Art Journaling Wednesdays will be regular again and Supply Saturdays will be back, too.

Thanks for sticking with me this year.

See you in 2014, dear friends....may the coming year be the best ever for each of us!

Much peace & love,
Barb

P.S. If you haven’t entered my little giveaway yet, you still have time. Just go HERE. And shhhhh, don’t tell anyone but everyone who comments on that post will be entered to win. Shhh, it’s our little secret. (But I’d still love ya to sign up for Amazon Prime...I could use the cash. lol)

2 comments:

  1. All things good for you in 2014 Barb!!! I hesitated to sign up for Amazon 'cause as a Dutchie, I don't always understand all the 'little texts' and am not always sure that what I sign up for is what I think it is... I learned the hard way, so I stay away from those kind of things, sorry.... I also don't always comment on 'giveaways' 'cause to my experience, it often attracks 'greedy people' who don't visited the blog before and will not after.. but since I follow you, I now feel free to go to the former post to comment there too... hmmm, does that mean that I, too, am greedy after all? Well, maybe... not really, but I love the stuff you offer and my budget does not allow me to buy 'fun materials/stuff' right now... so thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precisely how I feel about this year. I'm just letting it happen. No looking back or planning ahead just breathing and taking 2014 one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...