Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy 1st Day of Winter & The Documented Life Project

As much as I adore living in Florida, I do miss having real seasons...the 1988007051_1381013017vibrant warm colors of Autumn, a light dusting of snow marking winter, sweet daffodils blooming in the Spring. But now let’s talk about Summer...we’ve got Summer covered here in sunny Florida.

It’s funny because today is the first day of Winter and we have a projected high of 75° F for this afternoon.

Someone please explain to me how 75° is Winter?

Anyway, my daughter has came to town by way of bus to see Noah for a couple of days. She arrived this afternoon at 4pm and leaves Monday morning at 11:30am. Noah has been so excited to see his Mom.

Those are the good points.

She is bringing Noah’s father with her (they are now just friends) and I’m just not big on having people not of my choosing in my house. Especially overnight. Noah and his dad are not close and Noah isn’t excited about seeing him...but I am trying to let him know how important it is to give people who are putting out effort for us a chance.

Like Noah, though, I get tired of seeing this guy hurt my little guy.

Not to mention that I had to drive to Mobile, Alabama (an hour away) to pick them up from the bus station and then drive them back on Monday to catch their bus home. (Long story there but suffice to say that she just doesn’t seem to grasp how much she continually asks of me and how overwhelmed it is making me feel.)

Add to all of that the fact that I am running 101.8° temp, my body hurts like I have been beaten with a baseball bat, and I have been hacking my head off all day. I think it’s the same thing that had Noah down the past few days. Not fun. At all.

So that’s how my Saturday has been shaping up.

OH YEAH! A new art journaling adventure! Through Roben-Marie Smith I came across The Documented Life Project and I am excited beyond belief!

I’m going to be trying out The Documented Life Project starting January 1st. On her blog, Roben-Marie describes it as: “One part planner plus one part art journal and one part weekly challenge equals an amazing year of organization, inspiration and community.”

I don’t know about you but that sounds like so much fun. And you have got to go to Roben-Marie’s website and check out what her planner looks like so far. I believe the idea originated with Lorraine Bell and her planner is beautiful, too.

This is my planner so far. I’ve added 01ec40233f20e62261315ba0e18bc4a1b0bd3a5892tabs for each month and I’m in the process of tipping in extra papers (watercolor paper and double sided scrapbook papers that I scavenged from an old Smash book) and I am having an absolute blast.

It is giving me a chance to use some of my washi tapes that I’ve been collecting. I don’t know how much you can see by this picture but this started out as a plain Moleskine 12 month planner (the extra large 7.5”x10” size) and I’ve just started altering it.

Part of the whole The Documented Life Project is the constructing the planner and making it uniquely yours. No two will ever be the same.

But there is lots more to it, too. You have to just go check out the details to learn all about it.

Can you tell I’m excited? Yeah, I get that way when something really good comes along and this is very much something good. Oh, and it’s absolutely free...no cost (other than the supplies you use or the planner but you can actually find planners here and there that are free.)

I really do hope you’ll join us.

You can read the full details:

  • At Roben-Marie’s Blog HERE; or
  • At Lorraine Bell’s Blog HERE.

I hope to see you around The Documented Life spots around the internet like the Facebook group and/or the Flickr group.

If you have questions, let me know and I’ll see what I can find in the way of answers for you.

Back soon with more of the good stuff!

peace & love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there my friend! Be strong for your super star Grandson! I was kicking around the DLP too, but with the day job the way it is, I start projects and am never able to finish them. But I will be excited to watch the progress of everyone during 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barb, I have been reading your blog for the past week on and off. I am off work right now recovering from being hospitalized for phenomena. I am so happy I stumbled onto your blog from pintrest :) I am going to join in Documented life it is right up my alley and speaks to my soul and makes my palms sweat ( it is a good thing ) and my heart pump and my pulse race...... all good things to make my creativity soar along with organization which is again right up my alley. God Bless you and the taking on of your grandson. You never know when you entertain angels......... simply by listening.....or driving someone somewhere or even saying a small prayer. Sincerely LesLee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...