Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrift Score Thursday–Lamps

I came across this set of ugly but expensive crystal lamps at an estate sale a few weeks ago and for the low, low price of $10.00 for the pair, they became mine.

Ugly? Yes!

Salvageable? Oh yes!

I mean, look at those hideous shades. Way too ornate, or is foofy the word I’m looking for?, whatever it is, they are just way too much of it for me. I am definitely not a crystal lamp kind of girl.

At all.

Ever.

But I could see they were good quality lamps so why not make them into something beauty matches their quality? I could picture them looking so much better and more “me.” So I grabbed them and here we are...

And now it’s time for me to finally start to work on making the improvements I had in mind when I bought them.

Can’t wait to show you the finished pair next week.

So tell me, what have you scored in your thrifty shopping lately?

Peace & Love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...