Thursday, November 21, 2013

Art Journaling Inspiration

Quote of the Day:
”"The past is over: Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past."
~Jack Kornfield

I’ve really been trying to get back to doing those things that I love deeply but have let fall by the wayside in recent months...things like blogging (see, I’m here, right? lol), art journaling, listening to music instead of watching TV, I’m even trying to keep house a bit better. That is a big shocker! lol

The feeling of relief and achievement I felt after having finished this spread a while back was so great! I have never been one of those people that could sit down and 30 minutes later get up and have a finished art journal page. I think I’m just too OCD or something to be able to do that.

Maybe I just think too much. *shrug*

Regardless, this is a bit different than anything I’ve done before. I like that. It shows that I am growing and changing...in my style and as a person.

This next spread is one I just plopped down and did in an hour or two last Sunday. I think that when I am deeply feeling things, the pages seem to come so much easier that it’s like they just create themselves.

I have been reeling from finding out that a former friend (step-mother to ex-husband #2) had experienced the loss of her oldest daughter. This loss comes on the heels of losing her only son last year and her 1 year old grandson in March of this year. My heart aches so much for her...too much loss for any one person to bear.

It has really made me stop and think about life and just how good my life really is. 

When it comes to my art journaling, I do know I have to quit worrying and overthinking things; those very things are the thieves of joy and inspiration. I just have to relax and let it flow without all the struggle.

I’m learning. Slowly but surely, I’m learning.

What have you created in your art journal lately? Share your link below so we can all admire your work, won’t you?

Peace & Love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote :) it says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have I created lately :) lots in my head, thanks to you, but I'll get there! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...