Monday, March 26, 2012

How...

I often wonder how other people do it. How do they (and they is usually women-folk) manage a household, raise kids, cook, clean, work 40+ hours (at least some of them do) outside the home and still have the energy to make art?

I don’t get it. Really, I don’t.

But then I look back to when I was younger, even up until about 5 years ago, when I was able to do all of those things and still have energy left to do lots more. I could stay up late, get up early and go, go, go all the time.

Not now. I haven’t been able to work for almost 2 years and I do good to get the laundry done for just me & Richie in less than 2 full days....I have to take naps, and rest far too often. Guess that’s why it’s called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, huh? It just gets so tiring having to battle all my health demons. I keep asking my doctor when (or if) I will ever feel better but he doesn’t have any good answers other than to take good care of myself, take my meds and give it time.

Time is something I’m in short supply of...I want to feel better NOW! My life is passing me by and I am tired of not feeling like an active participant in it!

*sigh*

Enough of that! Just more of my thinking.

I have been working for the past few days to get everyone’s supply purchases packed up and ready to mail but I still have a few left to pack up so I should have them all in the mail by Thursday or so. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

We did make it to the beach this past Sunday. Just me, Richie and our little Kirby. 025We always have the best, most relaxing time when we go on those early morning trips like this. I just sat and took pictures and enjoyed watching Kirby chase the waves as they come in and recede back, Richie testing the water, and the gulls and pelicans swooping down at the water.

031

Tell me that Kirby isn’t the most precious pup you’ve ever seen1 I just laugh and laugh at him the whole time we’re there.

The beach is very much my peaceful place and I really love our little private spot that we normally go to hang out and enjoy the beach and our privacy.
027

Doesn’t that just look peaceful?

I hope you’re finding time to relax in your peaceful place.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

6 comments:

  1. It is getting so hard for me to work everyday and stay well. I know I have issues that I don't say anything about when I go to the Dr. But I have to keep working for a very long time. Love your beach pics. What a beautful place you live at. Cool! Stay well and go to the beach lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't seem to me that you're letting your life pass you by! probably feels like it to you but look at what you've got on the outside and all the things you've got that other people might want- loving relationship, own space, nature, art and internet communities. I also love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, It's my first visit to your blog and I'll be sure to look around more. Saw this post and it sounded so familiar. I thought I had chronic fatigue for a couple of decades. Was always tired, little energy ever, fuzzy brain. It started in my early 20s. Then I went gluten free last year. I have more energy at 50 than I did at 25, 30, 35... You may want to give it a try. Not as hard as it sounds. I noticed a difference within days. Can't imagine ever going back to living like that. Hope you find some way to relieve the tiredness. Walks on the beach always do wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you described your day out has put a smile on my face. I am also looking forward to another peaceful trip one of these days and just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    Simple but yet interesting and engaging, I admire the writing style. Great post with lots of important stuff, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great blog post thanks for sharing with us, I am also looking forward to another peaceful trip one of these days and just relax, great job, keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...