Friday, December 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Yes, I’m saying goodbye…to 2011. I am so happy to welcome the New Year because the old one was far from being on my list of good years in my life. Blech!! So yeah, I am happy to be getting a fresh start; a whole brand new year to work on myself and my life.

I gave up those delusions of grandeur that so many of us have when we start looking toward a New Year…all those totally unrealistic goals (i.e.. resolutions) that we set each January 1st. No, not what I’m doing at all. My goals are not resolutions since we all have those broken within the first 10 days of January. So you won’t hear me resolving to lose 80 lbs. by summer, running a marathon by my birthday, or quitting smoking.

What I do want to do is to improve. Just improve. No unrealistic goals but, instead, something I can actually attain…to improve.

Health-wise, 2011 was a horrible year but I feel certain that 2012 is going to be a much better year for me. I’m not expecting miracles but I really do feel that I will be better and healthier for me.

I hope that 2012 is a great year for you, too.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

5 comments:

  1. 2010/11 was tough here too - feels like 2012 is going to bring a lifting of the fog though ... I'm just hoping to see a clear way through some 'issues' that have been stalling our family for a while now.
    I hope 2012 is good for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister! I am sure that 2012 will be a great positive year for you since I said so...LOL Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are not saying goodbye to your readers! lol And having a goal to improve sounds very manageable---do you have target areas where you want that improvement??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, improving is a great goal. Here's to a better new year and a healthier one too.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!
    Looking forward to what craft adventures 2012 bring us!


    Follow my blog: creativeprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...