Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still Alive

I am such a bad, bad blogger, I know.

No excuses or anything like that, I just haven’t felt like blogging and, to be honest, there hasn’t been much worthy of blogging about, either.

I have been spending plenty of time painting and experimenting. I’ve been trying very hard to find my authentic artistic voice. I guess you could call it my style or my creative fingerprint.  I think I have finally found it.

From the great beyond2

I had more fun creating this piece. I am aware this is not a style that is for everyone but I can’t worry about that kind of thing. I have to just be true to myself and go with the flow.

This is the result of avoiding my normal scouring of the internet, reading blogs, scouting Flickr for journal pages to post on my Tumblr, etc, etc. I knew I had to step away from the distractions and influence of other art in order to find my own creative voice.

This is the result.

It is the most fun I have ever had painting…it felt so exhilarating as I created it and, I think, that is how I know this is truly me.

Now, to start a new one. I’m so excited.

I will try to keep in better touch but I’m not making any promises. Quite a few major things coming up, including some very major dental work in a couple of days. Dental work that I am dreading beyond belief but I know that I’ll get through it.

I’m not in the holiday mood in the least. I won’t be decorating for Christmas and, unless we go to my sister’s house for Christmas, we really won’t be celebrating it much either. When finances take such a huge nose-dive like ours have, this past year, you don’t really worry too much about decorations and presents. None of it holds its joy or its magic anymore.

Not whining, just being honest. *shrug*

Enough of that stuff, I think I hear my easel calling me….Art on, my friends!

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this painting!!!! I think it really shines... maybe because you had fun doing it and that shows through to your art???? Any way... I say that if this is a new direction for you... keep going down that path!!!!
    Good luck with the dental stuff... not my favorite place to be.
    Hugs, Emie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is a great piece. Looking forward to seeing more. Coolio! Hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb, I love this piece!! The colors just jump right out at me, and I like that. Looking forward to what else your 'new me' comes up with.
    Holiday? What holiday? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb; This painting is so expressive and colorful and wonderful. Very fun. Good for you, for finding your own style - I love it!
    Hugs and many blessings, I hope things change for the better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about decorating for the holidays; we're kind of there. Plus, as much as I love trees, the cats love them more, which means middle of the night crashes. . .

    I do love your new work; colorful and pleasing to the eye; kind of looks like a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Barb your painting looks amazing! I love the colors and the layers. I'm so glad you found your voice. Now as far as the blogging I wouldn't worry about if I were you. Its best to do it when you're up to it that way it won't sound so contrived. Oh and the holidays shouldn't be centered around things anyway. Just enjoy being with your family and give thanks for having at least the necessities. But I must say you are very creative I'm sure something handmade will be so much more special. Anyway goodluck at the dentist and I'm so glad you found your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE your painting--the colors are awesome!!! So happy to hear you are still creating art but you have been missed here in blog land. i can relate to not being in the Christmas spirit when finances are an issue. Just be grateful for family and friends and the rest will take care of itself!!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely gorgeous - I love it!

    I know what you mean about finances and Christmas - but sometimes those times can be the best - because you really do appreciate the simple things...family and good friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece of art work! I love it and can see your love in it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. It looks amazing. You have a wonderful blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home.

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...