Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Life

My daughter and grandboy came down week before last and stayed for four days…and it was good. Being with family is always a good thing…sometimes it’s stressful, too, but I still crave that time with them. This visit was a good one and we needed that time together.

My punkin boy

When Noah comes to Nana & Richie’s he always sleeps on a thick pallet of blankets beside our bed. He has to be near us so we can talk as we go to sleep.…and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

This is the stuff memories are made of, right?

Then, Richie and I headed back to Alabama last Thursday to visit with his parents, Chad (Richie’s son), and Shelby & Toad (my daughter & son-in-law.)  We haven’t been able to go back (due to lack of finances) and see them even once since we moved to Florida…in the entire 6 months!

We had a great visit with everyone. Got there late Thursday night, had dinner at his parents house (we took Chad) on Friday night and got to see Richie’s two brothers then, too. When we got back to Shelby & Toads, we played Phase 10 (a card game) with them & the couple that is their roommates. We went to Chad’s mother’s Birthday Party Saturday evening for a while then brought Chad back with us for Pizza with Shelby & Toad then we played guitar hero for a while. Sunday we vegged with Chad for a while, visited with Shelby & Toad, stopped by his parents house then we hit the road for home, for Florida.

The leaving was tough, though. Richie and I both broke down crying each time we said goodbye to another set of family members…first Shelby & Toad, then Chad, then Harold & Rhemel (Richie’s parents.) Y’all wouldn’t believe how devastated we both felt leaving everyone again.

Pitiful, huh?

I have to admit, though…it feels really good to be home. Really, really good.

Now, back to reality.

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. You are so blessed, to have family that you love and who love you!! When we left NY for WV in 1997, I didn't cry. I've cried more from missing WV and folks there, than I ever did from here.
    Glad you had a good visit, and safe travel!!
    I'm having so much fun with the Twinkling H2Os!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a great visit with your families. Hang in there, my friend. It is always darkest before the dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to hear..Completely useful..good source, thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...