Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shifting

“At some point I believe one has to stop holding back for fear of alienating some imaginary reader or real relative or friend, and come out with personal truth.”
     ~Journal of a Solitude by May Sarton

# # # # # # # # #

When I came across the quote above. it caused me to do some thinking and this kind of deep thinking usually brings about change for me.

I don’t think I have really held back here in my space but I do believe that it being titled Craft Therapy, this blog of mine comes with certain expectations and I have always tried to live up to them. Bits and pieces of my family life, health, home, etc. have always come in but for the most part Craft Therapy has been centered around my creative exploits.

It’s just that it doesn’t seem to be fulfilling me anymore. I don’t look forward to coming here and sharing things anymore. Not that I believe my artistic self is dying back but more that my needs in the online realm are shifting. I love to blog, I’m just not loving to blog here right now. I want to share but I feel an intense need to do it in a different way and in a fresh space.

It’s kinda scary to think about venturing into a new place and starting over but, let’s be honest here, I don’t really have much of a readership here anymore anyway. I know that’s my fault because I’ve not been regular at posting and I’m not offering much new content. No one’s fault but my own.

Anyway, I’m not going to completely abandon Craft Therapy but I am going on an extended hiatus…at least a month or two…and see where the road takes me. Maybe I’ll be back with renewed interest and energy but even if I’m not, I will keep this space open because I believe there is a whole lot of good content here and I hope that it can still serve to encourage and inspire others that might come across it down the line.

Thank you all for reading, those of you that still do, and for keeping me sane when I felt sanity so far away at times. I do hope to keep in touch and that I’ll see you around the art circles now and again.

I can still be found on my Facebook page, my Art Journaling Tumblr and through email, too.

Until next time….

Peace & Love,
Barb

6 comments:

  1. You do what you have to do. I will always follow you because I love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we each need to do what makes us happy and not to do things just because we feel we should or must. Enjoy your hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked Mae Sarton!

    I can certainly understand what you're going through. I felt the same way not too long ago. I started to feel as though I HAD to post even when I was not in the mood to DO something to post about. That's a drag.

    Enjoy your hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog today looking for some shrink art information. Thank you for that. :o) Hope you are inspired to post more in the future. I love what you have written here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every once in awhile it's good to re-evaluate.... one things for sure.... do what makes YOU happy!!!!
    Hugs, Emie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was disappointed to read your blog today, because I love reading your posts, but I understand that you need to take space for yourself. I hope to see you again soon!

    C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...