Friday, July 1, 2011

Off Kilter

I know what you’re all thinking…”What’s the deal…she promised us some videos and then she goes and disappears for over a week,” right?

I’m sorry. Really I am. Truth of it is that I have been having medical tests out the wazoo for the past couple of weeks…thyroid ultrasound, battery of blood & urine tests, an overnight sleep study…and I still have more to come. So many health issues to deal with and I am dealing with each and every one of them, but it is tiring.

I have also adopted a pup…we named him Kirby…and he is my precious little shadow.

5889625676_49087f11cb_b

Tell me, how can you resist that face? When I went to the shelter it was just to look. I have been missing Chloe so much and we haven’t heard a single peep that gives me hope we might find her. And, to be honest, I am so lonely during the days when Richie is gone to work. I am trying to make friends here but it is harder to make friends when we get older.

When I saw this little guy, all matted and dirty and oh so timid, my heart just ached for him…then I picked him up and looked into those beautiful amber/brown eyes and I was hooked. I knew he had to come home with me…and he did.

Kirby is wonderful. He is 100% housetrained (not one accident!), walks on a leash like he’s been doing for life, is not a yappy dog at all and hardly ever barks unless we’re playing hard, comes when we call his name and we just named him a little over a week ago (isn’t that awesome?)…I could go on for days about what a wonderful, loving and smart pup he is but the eyes say it all for me. :)

Anyway, I know those are some pretty lame excuses but they are the truth.

I have began working on my videos…my journal flip through will have to be last since I’m still finishing up the last two pages in my current journal. I have found an editing software that I can work with and I’ve done a trial run through of doing a journal page from start to finish…but whew, is it long!

I think I just take a lonf time in any creative endeavor I undertake, painting, collage, art journaling, mixed media, jewelry, all of them. I know there are people out there that can slap down a journal spread in 30 minutes…I am not one of them. A journal spread can easily take me 6-10 hours to complete. I think it shows, too.

So, stick with me, y’all….I am working on it and on me.

Headed out later this afternoon to have an endoscopy and, possibly, an upper GI for some acid reflux problems I’m having. Such fun, huh?  lol

I’ll be back in the next few days.

Peace & Love,
Barb

7 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and your health issues first.... we'll be right here when you're ready.
    Your new pooch is precious!!! Pets are so much company... I have 2 puppers with me!
    Hugs, Emie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so excited when I see pictures of other's pets. Kirby is so adorable. I'm so glad you found each other! (did you name him that because he scoops crumbs off the floor like a vacuum?)

    Good luck with all the tests, hoping you're done with all of those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to Kirby! So glad you have a new friend. I have acid reflux and have for years. Peanut Butter does not like Acid Reflux! Just a warning, my friend, if you love it and gotta have it like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg scatter's comment is so funny. Kirby is adorable. Irresistible.Sounds like you are experiencing the ebb and flow of days. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little puppy is so sweet. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better and enjoy Kirby! Love your blog header...so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirby is gorgeous!!! No wonder you couldn't resist him. I am so happy he has found his forever home and that you have found each other. Sorry about all that medical crap you're going through--I know that sometimes it seems like it will never end but please, just hang in there. The best remedy is to keep your spirits up and remember you have people in your life that care about you!! Looking forward to seeing your videos when you get them done!! Take care!!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...