Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back from the Darkside

I’ve gone and done it again…neglected my blog and all of you, my wonderful bloggie friends.

I’m sorry.

So sorry.

Life and inspiration just pops up at these crazy times and just takes over my entire life. I get off in my own little world and just forget to blog.

So, what have I been up to? Here, let me show you…

IMG_0755
IMG_0753
IMG_0758
IMG_0705

These are all listed in my Artfire shop, if you’re interested, and I’ve got so many more in the works, too. If you have a word, name, quote or something you’d like to see me do, let me know.

I’m also working in my art journals more these days. I’ll try and post pics from my journals in the next few days, (Makes mental note to take pics from journals. lol)

It’s crazy how the creative spurt hits and we just have to ride the wave and go with it cause there is no telling how long it will last or when it will end.

I’m also doing my very best to earn money by selling stuff on Ebay. I have been inspired by Kelly at My Dear Trash who makes a nice living by selling thrift store and garage sale finds on Ebay. But, until now, I have been too overwhelmed or maybe just to lazy to try my hand at it.  But this week I got off my butt and listed my first few things….

AE sz4-1

  These American Eagle jeans, size 4, were $3.00 at the thrift store and they are still listed on Ebay but I feel certain they will sell…if not this week, then next week. AE is a good seller from what my research says.

Lucky sz12-4

These Lucky Brand jeans, size 12, were $3.00 at thrift and sold for $14.75.

YB-3

These Yellow Box flip flops were mine but never fit me quite right so they were basically free (since they would have just sat in my closet if I hadn’t sold them) and sold for $11.00.

AE sz8-1

Then there are these American Eagle size 8 jeans that I bought for $3.00 at thrift and sold for $8.25. I think they should have sold for more but that’s okay…just gotta pack ‘em up, move ‘em out and move on to the next one. lol

I used to think that these small amounts weren’t much but when you have lots of things listed, it all begins to add up. I don’t have a ton of listings but I’m getting there, working at it a bit each morning before I do anything else (well, except for my coffee.) Tomorrow I’m hitting a couple of thrift stores and hopefully a few garage sales, too. That should get my inventory up there so I can get my listings up there.

Thank you for inspiring me, Kelly. I’m finally getting it. *smile*

I’ll be back soon, you guys. Thanks for hanging with me.

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. I must admit, I love Ebay. I find the best stuff there! I am glad that you have found something you enjoy. Take it a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, your Artfire link isn't working, can you pop a link on this blogpost (or somewhere) please? I'd like to look in your shop. Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...