Tuesday, May 31, 2011

These are a few…

…………………….of my favorite things.

I’ve always wanted a bird and not just any bird but an Umbrella Cockatoo. I found one at a local pet store and we fell in love from the get go. We snuggled and kissed and I so wanted to bring him home with me. *shrug*

Maybe if/when my disability comes through I can get him. I just get so lonely now that I don’t have Chloe to keep me company and I can’t imagine getting another pup but a Cockatoo, that would be awesome!
cockatoo-umbrella

I love the beach and especially seeing sunsets at the beach. Walking along the waters edge as day turns to night and the breezes begin to blow. I love everything about the beach but sunrise and sunset are my very favorite times.
Pensacola-Beach -Waterfront_16

With summer temps already hitting in our neck of the woods, I am all about having a salad as a meal and the Wedge Salad at Outback Steakhouse has become my very favorite. I could eat it every single day. Nom-nom-nom!
3481605945_9b6d646563

I’m working in my art journals more these past few days now that we’ve gotten settled in and I can find all of my stuff. I had forgotten just how much I love writing and doodling with my Sakura Glaze pens, too. I love how easily they lay down ink and how glossy and gorgeous it looks when dry, too. Good stuff.
pack-6863447

What kind of things are on your favorites list these days?

Oh, and one last thing…today is the last day to donate to the Haleyville, Alabama Tornado Victims Fund through my donate button up at the top of my left sidebar. I know there are so many areas that have been hard hit by mother nature this year but Hackleburg, being so close to our home in Hamilton, holds a special place for us. Besides, it’s a tiny little town and has really gotten lost in the shuffle, behind all the big name towns like Tuscaloosa & Joplin, Missouri. I encourage you to give what you can…and thank you.

Peace & Love,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. YES!! I believe I might have whipped Blogger into letting me comment again! Girl, I want to come have a Wedge Salad with you! Wow that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a ball working on my Rolodex art like Patty Van Dorin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, let's take our journals and go to Outback for a Wedge Salad and we'll eat, drink Wallabedarns, gab and journal for hours...how does that sound?

    And Karenann...I am so happy to see you, chica! How have you been? Speaking of Rolodexes, I found an antique one (just like the one Patty Van Dorin works in) for $1.00 at the thrift store the other day! OMG, talk about thrilled! :)

    Love you both!
    Peace,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that parrots so cute! Can't blame you for wanting to take it home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a nice long post ready but Google screwed it up and deleted it. Best if I e-mail you anyways!! I found your blog a while back through Kelly Kilmer's blog. I really enjoy reading your posts and loved your on-line class!! Congrats on a happy, successful move and I pray things continue to go well for you!

    Cat (1952)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...