Saturday, April 9, 2011

Projects and We Have a Winner

I have been quite the busy bee over here!

Since the move is getting really close, although we are still not sure of an exact date, I decided to get some projects done that I’ve been wanting to do for a while.

The first project is this chair:

photo

I had already taken the seat cushion off and was getting ready to start painting when I thought to take a before photo.

I love the lines and decorative scrollwork of this chair that I’ve had for years…but the dark colored wood and formal fabric are definitely not me/us. And with the move to the beach, it wasn’t the kind of thing we wanted to put in our ‘new’ house, either.

So, this is what my talents turned that dark, formal old chair into so far:

Photo1

Sorry the picture isn’t better, it’s late and I just got it to this point and had to show it off so far. I still want to distress it some and I have some blue cording to put on it, too…I think the distressing will bring out the scrollwork better so the wood isn’t some sea of white.

Doesn’t it look beachy?

I am just loving it!

I’ll take a final after photo tomorrow in much better light. Oh, and I can’t forget to Scotchguard all the fabric parts. With white in the fabric, if I don’t it will get dinghy quick!

And we can’t forget that I promised a giveaway tonight, didn’t I? lol No, I didn’t forget, either. I had seven comments on the entry but Phoenix Peacock commented twice (glad that you did, girl, no problem) so I used the random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 7….

Capture

So, the winner is…

Carolyn S. Nehring said...

Soon your toes are going to be in the sand :) That's a good thought right? I'm so jealous! I hope you have an easy move..and love it there!

April 5, 2011 1:36 PM

Carolyn, I will be so glad to get my toes in the sand…yay!!! Now, send me your address so I can get your Somerset Life out to you!

If you weren’t a winner this time, be sure to subscribe to my blog and read each post…I have a ton of things to give away before we get this move underway. Art supplies, some original art maybe, possibly some jewelry…who knows what I’ll come up with? Just be sure to stick around.

What kind of projects do you have lined up for the weekend?

Peace & Love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Love the chair! What a difference the white paint makes!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love furniture re-dos and this one is SPECTACULAR! I can't wait to see the final pics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chair looks amazing! What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be featured this week during What I Whipped Up Wednesday! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...