Monday, March 28, 2011

Goddess in a Holding Pattern

It was an uneventful weekend but I did get a little creative mojo going last night. Late last night…like around 2am when I couldn’t go to sleep.

*yawn*Goddess

I’ve been collecting these ugly and outdated wooden plaques and frames from the thrift stores and decided, in the middle of the night, to play around with one.

Nothing spectacular but it was fun.

I really have the Goddess Circle and Leonie on my mind so I guess that’s where the inspiration came from…I rather like her. Even if she does have one boob that is a little pointy. lol

The purple is a little dull or flat so I think I’m going to have to do something to pretty it up…oh, and the lettering looks way better in person. I am going to take a better pic when I finish it up; you’ll just have to trust me that it is way cuter in person.

Seriously…it is!

Besides, let’s just be honest here, it just feels good to create somethinganything! It’s been so long since some creative inspiration just struck me out of the blue…man, it felt good to just play. Gotta love feeling some stirrings in the creativity department, right?

What’s even better is that I have some cool ideas floating around in my head that I hope to work on this week before I leave on Thursday.

Where am I going, you’re wondering? I am headed south into Mississippi to stay with my sister for a few days and help her convalesce from a surgery she’s having on Friday morning. The time with her will be good and I look forward to helping her…she’s always so great to help me when I need it.

It’s what sisters do, right?

I will be sure to take my art journal and my favorite pens so I can catch up on my art journaling while I’m gone…oh, and my laptop! Gotta have my laptop. We all know I’m addicted to the internet!

We are still in a holding pattern with where we’re going to move since Richie’s company is dragging their feet about giving us an assignment destination. UGH! We’re about to go crazy over here! We were going to just cut ties and start all over but his bosses begged him to stay with the company and promised they’d get us to where we want to be (Clearwater Beach, Florida…duh!) within 18 mos. We fell for it….and now we’re hanging in the wind with no concrete destination for us to plan for yet.

It’s scary and I don’t like it one bit, either.

Just give us an answer, people…geez!

*sigh*

So, that’s what’s up with me…what have you guys been up to?

Peace & Love,
Barb

P.S. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my last post. I read everything you guys write and I take it all to heart…I learn from each of you and respect what you say so much. So thank you…mucho! *muah*

2 comments:

  1. Lily Grace, thank you for stopping by my blog. I really like the idea of buying wood plaques at a thrift store and using them to paint on. Your goddess painting is beautiful! I hope you get some closure soon on your upcoming move. I know how frustrating being in limbo can be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...