Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding My Way

I have been feeling so lost lately…just feeling totally out of the groove of everything I love and feel passionate about in my life. I try to paint or collage and nothing works. I try to write (I’ve started to blog 5 or 6 times but can’t seem to find the right words but I’ve vowed that I WILL publish this one, no matter what) but the words won’t come. I’m having a very hard time finding joy in much of anything these days and it’s really bothering me.

I know that for the past two weeks I have been fighting the flu…sinuses hurting and running like a faucet, headaches, aching all over, hacking cough, fever that come and goes, hoarse voice that has turned to laryngitis more than once…but it’s viral so you just have to treat the symptoms and let it pass. Well, it’s just not passing fast enough for me. And now I’ve managed to give it to Richie so he’s feeling like crap warmed over, too.

I keep looking at my studio and wanting to be in there creating but then I walk on through, grab a Diet Mt. Dew from the fridge and come back to bed.

Sad. So very, very sad.

I just have to keep hoping that this too shall pass. That I’ll wake up one day very soon and the urge to be in the studio will drag me from my bed and into the chair where I will sit and paint or sew or journal all day…and things will be right in the world again.

Until then, I keep some art supplies and art books by my bed so I can do little things as the urge strikes or, at least, read about things to try and artists who inspire me. Oh, and I did buy the Pioneer Woman’s Cookbook and I am loving reading it. She is such a hoot and I can’t wait to try out some of her recipes…when I finally feel like cooking again.

I know I’m not one to be counted on for regular blog updates but hey, I’m tryin’.

I hope you’re all doing well (no flu, I hope!) and creating up a storm.

Peace & Love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. You hit the nail right on the head. When you are feeling sick, blah or just down, don't beat yourself up over it. Nurture yourself. Rest. Read. Relax. You will get your groove back. Trust me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try to be gentle to yourself until you feel better. I did find when I was depressed for a long time, I forced myself to do some art. I started with just cutting up some ATC cards from a cereal box. Then I'd get out one box of my stash and glued on some stuff, whatever I felt like. I used a glue stick so it went faster. It was slow at first, but I got my groove back. I go back to it when I'm down now. Another thing that helped me was to do some Zentanles. If you don't know what they are, just Google them. They are like doodling, but artistic. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...