Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wyanne, Winning & Goals!

If you don’t know Wyanne or her art, you have really been missing out on a visual treat.  Wyanne has a wonderfully unique style and when you watch her YouTube videos, you can see how effortless she makes her art seem as though it just flows through her and onto the canvas. She’s truly amazing and her artwork is beautiful.

The piece I have pictured here is one of my favorites of hers (you can find prints of it and many more of her pieces in her Etsy shop,) it’s called “she can see clearly now…” I love it!

Anyway, the reason I’m talking about Wyanne is that I have wanted to take a class from her for ages, it’s just not been something I could do…until now! She recently had a giveaway on her blog and I commented but didn’t figure anything would come from it cause I don’t tend to win things very often. But I did!!! I found out today that I won a place in her Art Play online class!!!

I am beyond excited!

Learning more, expanding my art knowledge and abilities is one part of my goals for the new year. I never want to stop learning and this is such an awesome opportunity to learn from one of my artistic idols.

Yes, 2011 has started out wonderfully for me…and I hope it continues this way. *crossing fingers*

Speaking of goals, I’m not a big fan of New Years Resolutions. Every one of them I’ve ever made, I’ve always wound up breaking and that just leads me to feeling like a failure. I don’t need any more negativity in my life so I’ve been busy making goals for my life in this, the new year. I admire my husband so much and he told me just today that goals without plans are nothing more than dreams…and he’s right. So, for each goal I’ve made, I also have a plan to reach each of those goals.

Mind you, my goals for this year are not those monumental kinds of things that we so often do at the beginning of a new year like lose 60 lbs or workout 5 days a week but attainable, real goals…things like clean for at least 15 minutes each day, list 3 items on Ebay 3 times a week, work in my journal every day (this one should be very easy for me!), be more gentle with myself and general things like these; see?, attainable goals.

One thing that I’m using to help me reach my goals is a website that helps you track your goals quickly and easily. If you need a way to help track your goals check out Joe’s Goals…I think it’s going to really be helpful for me.

  So, lots of good things going on in my 2011 already…and it’s just the first day. I can only hope that things continue this way. I could use a good year for a change…things have been rough for a while so I think it’s our turn for a good one.

I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and that 2011 brings wonderful things, exciting experiences, chances to learn and is just an overall great year full of joy and bliss for us all!

Peace & Love,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I am so glad to hear you chipper and feeling good. I did not know you had an ebay store. I would like to check it out. Can you email me the addy, please? Happy New Year and hopefully it is happy all year long!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...