Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreams Postponed?

I have been creative lately (making journals, playing with fabric, collaging bits and pieces here and there) but working (or is it playing?) in my art journal has eluded me the past few weeks. I’m not sure why. I am not one of those people that can just force myself to work on something…if I’m not into it or not feeling it then it just ain’t gonna happen, no matter how hard I try.

But, with all of the health problems that Richie & I are dealing with right now, it seems as though all of our dreams that we’ve been planning and working toward are on hold, indefinitely.
It makes me so sad.Dreaming 1-10-11

Those thoughts of losing our dream of moving and living on the beach made this page just flow out of me and onto the page.

I like it when my creating happens that way…
organic and intuitive.

Where does your journaling originate from?
Is it ever just not there or do you have an endless supply of inspiration?

For those of you that have recently ordered items from my shop, we’ve been blanketed under 6-8” of snow and ice this past week (and Alabama is completely unprepared for this kind of weather!) so I just got out of the house for the first time so your goodies are now on their way.
I’m so sorry for the delay.

Now, back to working on something special for a dear friend.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Barb, I am sorry to hear you are going through struggles :(
    Your journal page is wonderful :) So colorful, makes me want the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this is just a temporary setback and not permanent. Not happening in 2011? Work on getting there in 2012 or 2013, but never give it up completely my friend. That time will give you waaay more extra time to make the move perfect when it does come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal pages! Keep dreaming! Keep believing that your dream will come true.

    I am so like you in that I can't make myself do any of my crafting, etc., unless I am into it. Usually if I end up working in my journal it is out of some kind of sadness or restlessness. :)

    Keep up the good work and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...