Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ahhh, Fresh!

Crazy that when I set a goal for myself (the art fair) that all of a sudden all the overflowing creative spirit just flies out of my head and leaves me in a lump, wondering where it went.

Instead of freaking out over it, I decided to paint…our kitchen. lol

Okay, picture this in your mind…a house, built in the mid 1930’s, hardwood floors and 12’ ceilings…and the original cabinets are still in the kitchen. Seriously. And I don’t think they have been painted in the past 15-20 years so they were coated with grime and gook and I believe they were once white but had faded to a gross color that was almost brown. *gag* Not to mention the very vintage handles/pulls that were caked over with grease and grime and were discolored.

Anyway…after a few fresh coats of white and spray painting (after soaking and scrubbing) the vintage pulls/handles, our kitchen feels like new to me. (Please don’t mind the dirty dishes in the sink, I was just about to do them but got carried away admiring my work. lol) It’s so much nicer to cook in a kitchen that feels good when you’re in it, ya know?IMG_0782 So that is about the only painting I’ve done in the past few days…and now I am paying for it. My body, especially my shoulder, is screaming at me in aches and pains but I know it’s good for me so I am so glad that I did it.

Now, whatever inspiration hits next is fine by me. Whether it’s painting a great canvas or painting the other side of the kitchen, I’m just going to go with the flow.

All good things in time, right?

How’s things with you guys? I’m heading to try and read blogs as soon as I hit the ‘post’ button and catch up with everyone. Oh, and Jennifer, I narrowed my blog list down from 125 to about 85 and most only post occasionally so you’re right…it is much easier this way. Thanks!

Peace & Love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. It feels so good to have a fresh feels-like-new kitchen! Yea, much more fun to cook in. ;)
    looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, Chelsea here. You have a great kitchen, its clean and refreshing. I bet you love to cook in here.
    --
    Seattle Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...