Monday, December 13, 2010

Just Checking In

Hi y’all.  I hope this finds everyone doing well and getting into  the holiday spirit. It’s so hard for me to believe that Christmas is less than two weeks away…especially since I have done NOTHING to prepare for it. I have only bought one gift, too (a bicycle for our grandson, Noah.)

I know that probably sounds sad to y’all but with so much going on (more than I’ve even had the chance to tell here,) I can’t get into the spirit. Not only do I have my heart attack worrying me and my broken shoulder making all of life very tough to muddle through (can’t wash dishes, cook, do laundry, or even bathe on my own, much less do any kind of holiday preparations) but now my husband, Richie, had developed something in his left hip/leg that is causing him severe pain.

So, you can see, it just isn’t feeling much like Christmas around these parts…we’re doing all we can to just make through the days.

It’s okay though, really. I am a firm believer in positive thoughts bringing on positive results. I feel certain that the MRI results on Richie’s hip/leg will come back tomorrow and give us the answers we need and a means to relieve his pain; that my orthopedic surgeon will give me positive answers Friday when I go for my check-up so that I do NOT have to have surgery and am healing well on my own; and that my heart issues will be resolved, too.

I have to believe that way. It’s what keeps me going.

Now, enough of all that depressing health stuff, I just had to document it.

I just read the best blog post I’ve come across in a long time over with elkemay. If you are an art journaler or a journaler of any kind, go read her wise words and soak in some of the goodness she shares in her blog post “dare i say it? for fear it will leave again? is it really back?”  I haven’t worked much in my art journals for quite a while…my heart just hasn’t been in it…but elkemay has really inspired me to get back in them (even working with only one hand!) So be ready for it, cause my art journaling pages are bound to make a reappearance around these parts real soon.

And I have been working, slowly but surely, on what began as just a little sketch but has turned into a full-fledged portrait (I’ve had to find some kind of creative outlet these days, ya know?)

Girl 12-11She’s coming along and developing into someone that feels real to me, almost. But still, I had to add the silly little bird on her shoulder to keep things whimsical. I can’t seem to take a pic of her that the coloring is right but maybe it will be warm enough that I can get her outside on the drawing board in a day or two to capture her in natural daylight.

I guess that’s about it for me right now.

I’m sorry that I’m not commenting on anyone’s blogs much these days…it takes me hours to write my blog posts one handed and I’m reading everyone’s posts, I just don’t have the energy to comment much right now.

Take care and be well.

Peace & Love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. I like how she is coming along and the bird was a very cool addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself whatever gifts of time and rest you need to feel better - and know that you're surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers and heartfelt wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...