Friday, October 1, 2010

Honesty…

I know you’re not really supposed to do this kinda thing on your blog…being all honest and out there and everything but hey, I have no problem breaking the rules…I’m all about being a groundbreaking rebel.

So what’s the big deal?  I am scared to death! Yeah, seriously petrified.

Why?

The Workshop I’m giving is:

a. The first class I’ve ever given…and that scares the bejebbers out of me!

b. Not selling nearly as well as I had hoped!!

c. Not many have even registering for the giveaway…don’t people flock to freebies???

d. Scaring the bejebbers out of me! Oh, wait…I already said that part. Well, it bears saying twice.

I don’t even know why it’s bothering me so much but it is, right down to my core. I know that sounds all whiny and everything but it’s tough, going out on a limb and putting yourself out there and seeing little response. It just freaks me out a little bit.

Don’t get me wrong; I am still excited about giving the workshop and I still believe, with all my heart, that this relatively new idea of giving Micro-Workshops is a really fantastic idea. I think it fills a niche that the online art workshop world that has been sorely lacking…affordable and compact workshops. I don’t just think it’s a good idea, I KNOW it’s a good idea.

I’m just worried that maybe I chose a bad time to schedule it, with so many other classes starting around this same time.

Isn’t that what we do when we’re facing a fear…we start second thinking our choices or doubting ourselves. Yeah, that’s all I’m doing…just fighting off a bit of stage fright. I’m sure I’ll be fine in a day or two.

In the meantime, keep spreading the word…and if you haven’t registered to win a free spot in the workshop, be sure to go and do it now, HERE.

Thanks for all the encouragement and to those of you that have signed up already…I appreciate it more than you know! (And thanks for letting me put my fears out there for all of you to see.)

I leave you with this great quote from Dina Wakley (I just came across it on her blog), “I don't fuss over pages that aren't working. I just say, "eh" and turn the page. They'll make more paper...there's always another fresh, blank sheet to work on. It's okay to fail, they can't all be masterpieces. From the failures come artistic growth...and I love that.”

Peace & Love,
Barb

10 comments:

  1. Hello darling. Happy Friday to you! (a) New things equal fear. When things get too unfamiliar we start to get frightened, everybody does. Just remember that in reality every moment is new. So you have conquered lots of newness in your life! (b) I love honesty. And you are not whining. Art is an extension of ourselves. Particularly when we purposely extend an invitation to others to join us. So it is very personal and hard not to take it personally. (c) Your right. You KNOW this is a great idea. So go out and toast to it tonight. Be full of yourself for a moment (I promise, its okay and actually good for you to have small doses of insane pride and ego) and to hell with the rest of 'em!
    Love. Hugs. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is well my friend. Check your email, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I LOVE that you are so honest. It isn't always seen around in the blog-o-sphere. The fact that you put yourself out there in the first place is awesome, and it IS scary to do something new, and putting your livelihood out there for the world to see. It makes me nervous, and its not even me. You are more brave than me, and I commend you! I'd do this workshop, but I think I already have a grasp on how to start art journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't you be honest? It's YOUR blog!Say what you wanna say! I hope your workshop goes well!! Sending good thoughts for a full class! :) and ryc: I miss you muchly, too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have signed up in a second, but I'm having major health problems. Keep on trying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at all these fun crafts! Awesome! We're following!

    Ashley and Becky - thecutestblogontheblock.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honest is AWESOME!!! I think it's a refreshing change from so much of the fake-happy in the blogosphere...

    ...and i'm looking forward to your future classes (because I'm all beginnered out for now..;))

    keep the faith, dahling!! you're onto a great thing here...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang on in there, it takes time to build up momentum. And focus on the positives for the workshop, it will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Barb,
    Good for you for going forward, despite the fear! God knows we all feel it. :-\

    (Thx for commenting on Living A Creative Life! Your feedback on my header was great. :))

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. if you build it, they will come.

    as long as you stay true to YOU, that is all you can do.

    and remember, don't take anything personally.

    even though i can't fit in this class right now, i support you and your efforts to make your dreams come true!

    hillary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...