Sunday, September 5, 2010

Finding Peace

I have so much on my mind and when I get like this, I become totally overwhelmed.

My sister is having some health problems and they are a big enough deal that I’m really concerned. Big enough that she’s hospitalized (for the 2nd time in the past few days) and is being sedated. This pains me terribly and makes me extremely afraid.  I have four brothers and three sisters, all but one are older than me, and with this scare we have going on with my sister right now, the mortality of my siblings (and myself) has really hit me.

It scares me.  Terribly.

There are some big changes coming up in the next few months for the hubby and me. Even though these changes are so exciting and are things we are very much looking forward to, change is always stressful and for a woman like me, overwhelming. Maybe that doesn’t make sense but I just know that is just how it is for me.

I’m working on simplifying and decluttering our life, our house, my art studio…everything. I’ll be honest, I don’t really even know where to begin so I’m bouncing from one area to another and don’t really feel like I’m making much headway right now. If anyone has any good tips for an organized way to shed the excess baggage of “stuff” that we accumulate, please clue me in…I’m at a loss. Of course, this also has me feeling stressed and, yep-you guessed it, overwhelmed.

Tree on Fire All of these things have me searching for peaceful moments and spaces so that I can get a little relief from all this mental weight. I have been creating things that have a very Zen-like, meditative process to their creation.

I have all these saved/rescued pieces of wood, etc. that it has been my intention to use as a base to paint/collage on and this piece, The Burning Tree, is one of those Zen pieces that used a piece of found wood as my base…killing two birds with one stone.  Creating the tiny branches was such a calming process that I’ve decided I need to do another similar one for some more quality destressing time.

My art journals have suffered a little but as long as I’m creating, I don’t feel so bad. I just have to find some creative outlet so that that feeling of being overwhelmed doesn’t get the best of me.

I want to throw a big thank you out to Connie over at Dirty Footprints Studio for her open heart and sharing with me. She is just that kind of wonderful woman and I can’t say how much I appreciate her and her wisdom.  So, thank you, Connie…you are loved.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got for this evening. I hope you’re all doing great, creating wildly, and enjoying life.

Peace & Love,
Barb

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I am sending positive thoughts her way that she is coming home soon and getting better. I love trees and this piece is soooo cool. I have always loved drawing "nekid" trees. LOL! Hang in there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go out to your sister I am the oldest of two sisters and I love them both very much. I find whenever its time to clean up or declutter I set a timer for 20 minutes and of course once you get in full swing the timer goes off and guess what you have accomplish quite a bit in 20 minutes so much you keep on going. Hope that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending much love and many good thoughts for you and your family. I go through big cleaning spurts. I'll donate whatever can be used to local women's shelters. I try to tackle each project one area at a time or else it is very overwhelming...even if we are only in a tiny apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog for a long time, but never commented. I just want to say, hang in there Barb. My sister also has been having pretty sever health problems and it terrifies me too. Hold on. Just hold on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your sister having health problems, and that on top of the changes you and your husband are experiancing is so much stress I am sure... I shall keep you all in my prayers. As far as the cleaning goes, that is always tricky for me as well, it seems as soon as I get rid of something I need it haha, so I can't help you there, I need as much help as you do in that arena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending out good thoughts and prayers for your sister. Let me know what I can do!! Find your peace...and hold on to it! I love you!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...