Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finding Inspiration

I’ve been having a little problem with my muse…s/he seems to be flitting around my head like an annoying fly but never landing long enough for me to get my hands on the little bugger! GAH! It’s killing me.  I lay my head on the pillow at night (usually very late at night since I am having a hard time falling asleep these days, too) and all these fabulous ideas come flooding into my head but if I turn on the light and grab a journal to write stuff down, the ideas just disappear as fast as they came in the first place.

It’s driving me insane!

So, as I do with so many other things, I have just stepped back and am letting my brain and my NEED to create have a little rest while I look for inspiring reads and pictures and ideas.  I thought I’d share some of what I’ve found with y’all…just in case anyone else is having a little creative block like me. (Each line is a link so click away and grab some inspiration for yourself.)

There are a few of the places that I’ve been finding inspiration lately…there and through emails with a friend that have been inspiring me and cheering me toward that place I want/need to be. Nothing beats the wise words of a friend.

I hope you’re all doing well and finding your creative spirit.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

6 comments:

  1. I'm reading (re-reading actually) Teri Hatcher's book, Burnt Toast. It is very uplifting and encouraging for me.
    I've found my reading muse again...thankfully, and taking full advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the info. I definitely need some inspiration right now. Also, Sark's books are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh groovy, baby! Thanks for the linkage and the links!

    Go crack open your journal, have fun and don't stress about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, thanks so much for sharing! I hate when I feel stuck and get that creative energy but not able to sustain it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get so frustrated when I want (NEED!) to create but my muse is playing hard to get. :o( I'm sure s/he will calm down so you can get back to creating soon.

    Thanks for all the wonderful links! Definitely inspiring.

    Hugs & blessings,
    Anita ♥
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the link love Barb!

    the ideas you describe, that disappear that quickly, i see them as Passer By Pre-Ideas. that is, they're working your creative muscle, your imagination. they're not the ones that want birthing. make sense? lol
    forget the pen + paper and just let them play.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...