I’ve been having a little problem with my muse…s/he seems to be flitting around my head like an annoying fly but never landing long enough for me to get my hands on the little bugger! GAH! It’s killing me. I lay my head on the pillow at night (usually very late at night since I am having a hard time falling asleep these days, too) and all these fabulous ideas come flooding into my head but if I turn on the light and grab a journal to write stuff down, the ideas just disappear as fast as they came in the first place.
It’s driving me insane!
So, as I do with so many other things, I have just stepped back and am letting my brain and my NEED to create have a little rest while I look for inspiring reads and pictures and ideas. I thought I’d share some of what I’ve found with y’all…just in case anyone else is having a little creative block like me. (Each line is a link so click away and grab some inspiration for yourself.)
- Michael Bierut and his “26 years, 85 Notebooks” is an awesome read and great to look at, too.
- Dumb Little Man’s “39 Ways to Live and not Merely Exist” is a true must read for all of us!
- Cindy Couling’s art just energizes my soul…take a look.
- A great grunge paint technique from Monica at Bohemian Shadows.
- Need some help choosing pens? Kelly Kilmer has you covered (and I agree with her list!)
- “Abuse your Art Supplies”…need I say more?
There are a few of the places that I’ve been finding inspiration lately…there and through emails with a friend that have been inspiring me and cheering me toward that place I want/need to be. Nothing beats the wise words of a friend.
I hope you’re all doing well and finding your creative spirit.
Peace & Love,