Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Simplifying Life

IMG_0400I’m not very good company right now so I have pulled back into myself for a bit. I’m not on Twitter or Facebook or even around here as much as usual.  

It’s taking all my energy and I’m doing all I can to try and simplify my life and my heart and my head. I’m taking time to relax, to paint and sew, to celebrate my sister’s birthday with her (above is the bible cover I made for her), to organized my supplies. Taking time to reflect on what it is that I want and where I want to go…literally and figuratively.

watermelon-3

I’m enjoying the simple things like fresh watermelon and afternoon naps, mowing the yard and the simple act of doing laundry (once my nemesis but I’m finding joy in it these days, believe it or not), spending time alone reading and thinking, not feeling rushed about anything and doing all I can to find some peace in an otherwise chaotic household.

lawn

These things would explain why I’m a bit absent around here. I really meant to do a Supply Saturday post but 30 Journals 30 Days was a Saturday post and then I got a bit lost in my own little world so I hope you’ll all forgive me.

I am spending time working on my class I’m going to offer, putting work into my art journaling Zine, and playing in my Art Journal. It’s always my safe haven.

IMG_0388

I’m not sure why I feel so unlike myself other than having my oldest daughter and grandboy living with us has really pushed my sanity to the edge and I’m doing all I can to hold on at the moment.

Bear with me. This can’t last forever.

Right?

Peace & Love,
Barb

7 comments:

  1. I think it is great you are finding time for you and can appreciate the little things - it will keep you sane despite all the chaos now. I'm sure we will all be here when things have calmed down and you are ready to return. Until then, breathe deep and seek peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh honey...having anyone extra in the house is very stressful, no matter how much you love them. I'm finding that out now...having merged our 2 families into one. I can't tell you how "nice" it is when my kids go to their dad's and his goes to his mom's.....I love them, but dang!

    watermelon........you know why that is don't you? cuz it's watermelon festival time. Next weekend..Thurs-Sat. Joe Nichols in concert Sat night. Wish you could be here. I miss you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my friend, you are THE best that anyone can be. You will get through this little bump and say, "Bump?" What bump? No worries about us out here in bloglanding. WE will be here when you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that journal spread. We all can relate to the balancing act of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Bible cover is fantastic!!! Your journal pages inspire me so much. I started a new journal and I hope it will help me. I've pulled back from a lot stuff. Have to take care of myself first. I think and pray for you every day, really. You are very dear to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of black pen do you use for your journals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bible cover and art journal spread, Barb! Sounds like you're taking time to appreciate things in your life and determine what is important to you, nothing wrong with that.

    Thinking of you,
    <3 Mara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...