Thursday, August 5, 2010

Loneliness vs. Solitude

“Language…has created the word “loneliness
to express the pain of being alone.
And it has created the word “solitude”
to express the glory of being alone.”

~Paul Tillich

That has to be one of my very favorite quotes ever. It speaks to so much of what I think and feel; it embraces the way in which we see anything in life. We can always choose to see things in the best (or worst) light possible but that choice is always up to us.

This morning as I was reading my regular blog list, the wonderful Kelly Kilmer shared this wonderful, beautiful video (thank you, Kelly.) Since it speaks to much of what that favorite quote of mine from up there is about, I wanted to share it with you all, too.  I hope you get half as much out of it as I have…and am.

Watch it, or be like me and watch it over and over. It’s really that good.

Maybe it will speak to your soul the way it spoke to mine this morning.

Here’s wishing you peaceful solitude.

Peace & Love,
Barb

9 comments:

  1. What a great video. Many people do not know how to be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being alone, but I am also afraid to leave the house. The only times I leave is for doctor visits or tests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this.
    I cherish my solitude. Sometimes I wonder if I cherish it too much. But then, is that possible?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I am one that cherishes my solitude and fully appreciate this. Thank you for sharing it.
    All my best-
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something I've been dealing with....alone time. As you know, I've never been a fan of being alone, but now that I'm married..I miss my alone time! More than I ever thought I would. Lucky for me, he, and the kids, are all late sleepers, and I am not..so I get at least an hour in the morning to do my computer stuff and read and have alone time...at least til school starts! Dunno where I'll fit it in then..but I'm sure I'll think of something!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, That was great! I am one of those people who love to be alone and have spent most of my life single until the last several years. I love when my hubby volunteers on Tuesdays and I have the house to myself. I've always loved walking in the quiet of the snow or enjoying a book in the back of the library or bookstore. Great video. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...