Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hidden Meaning

I had planned on posting earlier today but I’ve been nursing a stupid migraine all day today and my head is still killing me…but I can’t sleep so I might as well write, right?

I’ve been so loving painting and doing my little mixed-media pieces lately that my art journal has began to feel lonely and abandoned. I love my art journals so I couldn’t let it go on feeling that way and spent some time with it this past week. A little here and a little there. I can’t leave it left alone in the corner ever again…all I have to do is give it a little attention each day and it will be happy (and so will I.)

Before Dawn

I created this one by scraping yellows and blues onto the background with a palette knife and I just adore how the colors came out.  The clock is on transparency paper (from a Tim Holtz mask package), the quote is one I found that really speaks for me…be sure to click on the pic so you can read the quote.

On the other page, the girl reminds me of me…not in looks but more in how one dimensional she looks but there is actually real depth to her if you peer long enough. And the card above her head, well it hides my secret journaling, as you can see here (although I blurred it out)…

Before Dawn 2

I guess I need to paint or collage on the back of my “hiding flap” but I haven’t gotten around to that, yet. I will though.

This one was just brought about because I fell in love with the bright colors of the tea cups (a magazine pic I found in “W".) The journaling is just thoughts that I’ve had about art roaming around in my head.

Tea Time

I’ve also made myself a promise that I am going to create one piece of art, start to finish, each day…come hell or high water.  I’ve been off work for weeks and I am creating but not as much as I want to and not near as much as I thought I would. I am the only one that can change that and I am, period.

Oh, and I’m sure you’ve noticed the changes around my blog…the new header, new buttons, etc. I’m playing around with doing some graphic design so if you need a new header or buttons or whatever, give me a yell…I’d love to help you out.

Now, I think I’m going to nurse my headache and try to get some rest. I have a busy day of creating ahead of me tomorrow.

Peace & Love,
Barb

6 comments:

  1. your blog is looking great! and I, too, love the teacups.
    I need to shoot you an email...been thinking boutcha...wondering how you're holding up with a full house!
    Love and miss you terribly!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend! Sorry about the headache, but glad to see you are making art. I am interested in a blog header and a general make over. You have my email addy, give me a holler, please. When are we going to see a pic of what you did with those glasses I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb;
    These pages are beautiful. I really like them. I've never thought of making a hidden space in my art journaling but it so makes sense because then I could really journal what's on my heart without anyone having to see! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel better! I love the pages and feel very inspired! plus I'm digging the new look on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your feeling better and the migraine has left.......
    Thanks for the inspiration and smiles you give.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Journal is beautiful! Very inspirational! and i must say, creating a piece of art every day sounds awesome! lol :)

    Paige~
    TheHive – A Social Community for the Arts and Crafts Industry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...