Sunday, July 18, 2010

Supply Saturday 1.5

With the limited budget around here these days, I’ve not been buying any new supplies but I do have this huge stockpile of things I’ve bought in the past, lots of which I’ve never used until I began this little adventure on Saturdays.

I’m finding things in my stash of supplies that I didn’t even remember buying…isn’t that crazy?

StazOn Ink Pads - I love using stamps in my journals and art work stazon-pads but so often you’ll stamp something and then when you go to layer some acrylics over the stamped image, it just smears or fades. Not with StazOn Inks! Once you’ve stamped your image or used the pad to distress your journal pages or art pieces, it’s not coming off. I can’t imagine using any other ink pads ever again, StazOn is just the best there is, period! I will admit that they are a little expensive but if you want your artwork to last, you can’t afford not to use these great inks…and truth be known, their price is comparable to any other ink pads out there anyway. You can also purchase the refill bottles at a good price so you don’t have to keep purchasing the pads. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give StazOn Ink Pads a solid 10.

Prismacolor Double-ended Art Markers – Because I love everything prisma_markers48 I’ve ever bought that is made by Prismacolor, I thought I would love their double-ended markers…but I don’t. Although their color palette is beautiful, they just don’t have the staying power of other markers I have, namely Copic. I am a huge fan of the Prismacolor colored pencils and feel certain there is not another pencil out there that has their intesity of color…but their markers? I’ve had bad luck with smearing when I use them in my journals and collages, not to mention that I’ve see them fade over time…neither of these being something I can overlook. I want my markers to put down lasting pigment and, unfortunately, the Prismacolors just don’t do it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the Prismacolor Double-Ended Art Markers a 5…the color palette is fabulous but the price is high and the staying power low. (My suggestion for a great marker that won’t let you down is Copic brand…those babies last and last!)

There you have this weeks Supply Saturday. I hope these reviews give you all an idea of what supplies are worth spending your hard earned money on and which ones you might want to pass on by.

Want to know about a particular supply? Leave me a comment and I will gladly do a review of it in coming weeks.

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. I fully agree with you in regards to the Stayz-on pads. I LOVE that the ink stays where you put it and the ink is very vibrant too! I have not used the prismacolors that you put up here but I have used some by prismacolor that I rather like. I even used them on a cavas board to create a painting (or would you call it a "marking?" LOL. Thanks for the information. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that you review.. because since the wallet is smaller these days, I want to make sure that if I do buy something it is worth buying! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any good reviews on glue sticks? I've been using UHU which I like, but Jo Ann's isn't carrying them anymore but Michaels still is.

    Tried Stayz-on pads but when I went to use it, it was dried up. Of course it has been MONTHS since I used it. I even wrapped it up in Saran Wrap, upside down, etc. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...