Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Outlets and Ideas?

Just a little journaling I recently completed. IMG_0372I love my art journal…it is my constant friend and my outlet…we all need an outlet, right? I have so many page backgrounds done and ready for artwork and journaling…none of that blank-page-fear to get over when I have beautiful painted pages just waiting on me. Ahhh…

Another outlet I’ve found is www.750words.com. I’ve tried doing morning pages as described in “The Artists Way” but writing longhand is very hard on my hand since the rheumatoid arthritis started (yea, that’s a whole new …besides, it takes me 45 minutes to write three pages longhand and I just don’t have that much time in the mornings. Typing on the laptop is so much easier on my hand plus I can knock out 750 words (which, by the way, is the equivalent of three pages longhand) in 15 minutes if I have no distractions.

Yeah, I am loving it.  It is really freeing up some of the space in my overloaded brain and that is helping me tremendously.

If you’ve ever wanted to do morning pages or if you are like me and your brain is way too full and you need a place that’s totally and completely private to dump some of the chitter-chatter that is rattling around up there, 750 Words is THE place to do it. Give it a try and I would bet that after 2 or 3 days of writing there, you’ll be hooked like I am.

Anyway, this is my last full week at work. I am having to quit working because of my health…and that scares me. I went for a year without working (2007-2008) but I never thought that it was permanent. This time it probably is for good. My health just isn’t what it should be for me to work day in and day out.

I know that I’m very lucky that I have a husband that loves and supports me, emotionally, financially and wants to see me be as healthy as possible. I feel so fortunate because I know that there are many out there that don’t have that kind of support.

Just letting you all know that I will be around much more in the coming weeks and months than I have been in the past since I will be home, taking care of myself and doing lots of art, not to mention taking care of home and family. I think that is a huge plus to the situation…being able to focus my time on my art and taking care of our home and those I love.

I also know that losing my income will be tough  on us until/if I can get my disability. That is the part that is scary. Not only have we cut our bills each month by $600 by ridding ourselves of some unneeded expenses but I have a plan to help generate income…Ebay, Etsy, my artwork, giving some classes online and locally, and baking some goodies for local restaurants that need pies/cakes for desserts. Every little bit counts, right?

If you have any other ideas of ways for me to earn cash, drop me a note or leave a comment. I’d love to have your input. You know what they say…two (hundred) heads are better than one. LOL

So, that’s what’s going on with me. Just a little update into life in my neck of the woods. I hope all is going well with each of you.

Oh, don’t forget to leave a comment with your ideas…and thanks!

Peace & Love,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. I think an on-line class would be great! I know they can be a hassle to set up, etc. But something easy and not to expensive for us, would be great. I'm REALLY interested on how you do your journaling, not only the process but how it helps you mentally. I SURE could use that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about 750. I'm going to check it out. I do morning pages, but would probably enjoy the on-line possibility as well.

    Love you journal background art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous find! I just finished my very first entry of 750 words! Thank you so much for this link because I LOVE IT just as you said! I am almost in the same boat as you thinking that I may not be able to work much longer. Right now I work 4 days per week/ 24 hours per week and I am really finding it hard to get through because of the pain I am in. I have Fibromyalgia pretty bad. I am trying to brainstorm with my hubby on ways that I can make money with my art work as well. I think you have a very informative and beautiful blog and are very talented I am certain there are many marketable things you can do with it. Good luck in this... I will be checking back and seeing what you come up with. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK My friend, I will begin your new money making venture by paying you to teach me how to change the backgrounds for my blog. How's that? I will also promise to pay for any online classes you create. See you are on your way already. You know my email addy. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, your blog always feels like a cool breeze on these crazy hot summer days. Congrats on the choice to put yourself and your health first. No brilliant ideas to pass on. I'm just starting on this very same path.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you on Kelly's blog! I am so glad I did. I can't wait to explore your blog more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Barb! Thanks for the link to 750words.com. I went ahead and signed up and I'm going to give it a try. I haven't done morning pages in a while. Thanks again! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...