Friday, July 2, 2010

Be Gentle with Me…and Each Other

Be kind

I have to be honest, when I get an email notifying me that I have new comments here on my blog, a huge smile comes to my face. I am no different than anyone else, I love to get validation and to know that y’all have been here reading and visiting. It really does thrill me and I see no shame in telling you that.

When I visit other blogs and leave comments, I always make sure that my words are full of support, kindness and come from a place of honesty but also of gentleness. I don’t remember ever commenting on anyone’s blog with a snide or snotty comment…my Momma told me “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” and I suppose I try to live by that, at least in blogland.

Well, not everyone seems to feel the way I do about commenting on each others blogs. Someone took the time to leave a comment on a very old post of mine and went about instructing me as to how what I made wasn’t craft worthy and went into a bit of a tirade about legalities and such. (The post is HERE if you care to read it…with the anonymous comment left intact, too.)

I don’t moderate comments except on entries that are older than a week (otherwise I might miss them) and I publish everything that is said to me, good or bad. You don’t have to like everything (or anything, for that matter) that I share here…but c’mon, if you’re going to comment, leave your name and don’t do it anonymously. If you believe in something, stand up for it and leave your name. I’m a big girl and I can take it, really.

Also, know that I am human and make mistakes…and I try to learn from them, too. I won’t take that post down because it was what I did at the time but if my anonymous commenter had taken the time to look around they would see that I have followed up that post with another one admitting my mistake and doing my best to correct it.

I guess I’m just feeling a bit touchy today but this just really got under my skin. Don’t people have anything better to do than search the internet for people to harass?

*sigh*

Okay, I’m done venting.  But if you feel the way I do and you like the little graphic at the top, grab it (right click and save) and post it on your blog…just a little reminder to be gentle with each other as we travel this journey called life.

Peace & Love,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I'm sorry that you got an anonymous comment that wasn't nice. Believe it or not, Barb, I was harassed ALL YEAR at the school where I teach. My little students were wonderful, but a set of parents were just MEAN. I really think that I am sick because of that coldheartedness. It broke my heart, and my spirit at work. I always think of the Golden Rule...and try my best. Peace, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad that they commented like that, not once but 3 times. WOW!! Just remember what MY Momma always said, "What goes around, come around!" They will get their come uppence someday and you might not consiously know it, but your sub consious will say, "Now what do you say, you hateful person?" Peace, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog. Great graphic. Sharon said it best. Karma...

    I'm off to look around :)

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious. The date on the anonymous post was 2008 and you just got notified now? Making zine holders out of mail boxes sounds fantastic. I never thought of that. I buy boxes of cereal that have two in one box. After I pull the cereal bags out I cut off the side and decoupage the outside for my zine holders. Both ideas work. Don't pay any attention to Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your posts when I get a chance. I LOVE recycling stuff because it "is" cheap and that what if I "have" to buy something, I don't feel that bad. I just made a cover for my printer out of an old cardboard box that I had kept. I had to piece it together and then I covered it with gift wrapping paper that I got at a thrift store for less than a buck! I keep all paper so I can use it when I have glue something down or even mix paint on! So, go for it gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just don't get it...why people have to be ugly to others. I was deeply hurt last week when I found out that my BIL "has a hard time TOLERATING" me. That was something that never had to be said, even if it were true.
    There is just too much ugliness in the world. Why put more out there?

    (((HUGS))
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why people have to be like that...just some things about the human race I don't get. Thank goodness I think people like that are the exception!
    I love your be kind graphic and I did borrow it for my blog.
    I'm really enjoying your blog and look forward to your future posts.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Barb! So sorry that you got a nasty comment! You don't deserve it - no one does! And I love the Plato quote! It is so true! I heard it this way: Confucius say if everyone had to put all their troubles into one big pile and take an equal share, most people would be content to leave with what they came with. Big {{{Hugs!}}} and don't let one nasty comment count for more than all the lovely comments left here for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...