Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photos from the Road, Part III

I realized this morning that I have been taking on the role of Superwoman for my family (and for work, for that matter) for what seems like forever and it has finally knocked me to my knees…literally.

I am exhausted and past the point of going right now. With so much going on in our personal life and all of the pitfalls we’re battling, my mind and my body are just falling apart…I can’t even find my way back to my creativity right now. I want to create…it’s just hard to actually do it at the moment.

The one thing that’s keeping me in the creative realm is taking my Photos from the Road.  I am really in love with finding these little snippets of life and capturing them through the lens.  Here are a couple from this weeks work traveling journeys…

 sepia This old barn sits right off the road (and we all know what a thing I have for old barns and dilapidated houses, right?) and I’ve noticed it for over a year now. I’m glad I finally took the time to stop and capture it…and in sepia tone, too. I just hate that the land owners have opted to clear cut all of the land around this beautiful old structure. *sigh*  I just hate clear cutting all the trees…it makes the land so barren and breaks my tree loving heart when I see it.

Berries

As I was taking photos of the barn up there, I looked down at my feet and my-o-my, what did I see? Wild berries! Momma always called them Dew Berries…what I call them is YUMMY! Aren’t they just succulent looking?

When they are all black and ripe, they make the very best cobbler you’ve ever let your tongue have the pleasure of tasting.

Now that I know the Dew Berries are ripening, it’s time to get the hubby to take me into the woods on our ATV riding trails with a big bucket so I can pick gallons of these babies to freeze. Berry cobbler all winter, boys and girls…those are the little things that make life wonderful.

And with that, I leave you to your Wednesday. I hope you have a great day and that life treats you with kindness as you go on your daily journey.

Be safe and take care.

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful barn...Peace to you. Rest. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb I so love these pictures because it reminds me of Missouri where I was raised and where my son and his family live now. I used to with my Grandma picking Black Berries on the side of the road. WOW!! Great memories. Thanx! Hope things are getting better. The Chip In is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pics. And would love to go ATV riding with y'all again! We've got to get together sometime soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...