Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Lonely Tree

I had plenty more photo opportunities with my camera while doing my journeys to and from work this week. 

This time my focus is a tree that I have been passing for over a year as I travel and I fell in love with it at first sight. For some reason I feel this deep affinity with this beautiful but lonely tree.

It’s like all the smaller surrounding trees and all of nature around this beauty are having a party, turning green and celebrating spring while he stands there, bare, and watches over them all.

He’s quite majestic, if you ask me.

IMG_0148

While I was out of the car and snapping photos of my fabulous tree, I saw these sweet wildflowers and thought I’d try out the macro feature on my camera…how cute did these turn out?

IMG_0151

IMG_0152

Well, time to shred the chicken for Chicken Casserole and maybe whip up some brownies for dessert, too.  Happy humpday, y’all…it’s all downhill from here.

Peace & Love,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. I love your magestic but lonely tree. Don't you wonder what birds and creatures have moved in and out over the years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovin' your photos-on-the-road posts! You're gonna come to love your macro setting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my friend, I am remembering the house photo you took last week and wanted to tell you if you are a country music fan, that there is a song out called, "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert. When I heard it the other day, I automatically thought of your photo. Go listen to it. You will understand. Please have a artful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous pics. I love bare branches and sleeping trees. I photograph them. I paint them. I have such an affinity for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...