Saturday, June 5, 2010

Desperate for Help

Our family has had a week beyond belief and I have reached a point of desperation and that has brought me to this point.

Let me explain…

My oldest daughter, Savannah, and the grandboy have been living in Arkansas with her father (my exhusband) for the past year while she finished nursing school. We found out Friday that she passed her NCLEX so she is now officially a licensed nurse and that has been the one happy occurrence among a week full of pitfalls. She already has a job and starts on Monday so we are very excited about that, too.

In the midst of being excited about those two wonderful happenings we found out that her father, a severe alcoholic, had basically stolen all the money that Savannah had saved in order to move back to Alabama and to pay for all of her licensing fees and live until her first paychecks start rolling in. She had plenty of money to do everything she needed to do and then *poof* it was gone…she is now pennyless, literally, without a dime to her name.

That was the beginning of bad…

On Thursday, Savannah had all of her belongings in Arkansas packed and ready to be moved back here, to Alabama and a friend of hers was going to go with her to get everything with his truck and trailer. His Dad became deathly ill (after a liver transplant last week) and he couldn't go so we had to scramble to rent a moving truck at the last minute.

Then, another blow hits when Savannah has a flat on her car and her spare was non-existent (another thanks to her Dad kinda thing.)  She had to leave it parked on the side of the road to be fixed the next morning. She & my SIL left for Arkansas to get her stuff and Shelby & I were going to get her flat fixed and get the room ready for her & Noah's stuff....well, Savannah didn't get her car far enough off the road so Alabama State Trooper had it towed for  being a "highway hazard". *sigh*

As you can see, it has been one thing after another…

I guess what it comes down to is that we are penniless right now, all of us in this household. Savannah’s had all of her money taken by someone she should have been able to trust, we’ve bought new tires (two so far) that had to be bought, paid impound and towing fees, rented trucks, bought tons of gas, and on and on, It's just been one thing after another every bit of it has cost Richie and I until we are now at the point we have nothing left to give.  We had money saved for our vacation (flight & hotel are already paid for and are non-refundable/non-transferable or I’d be cashing that in), the one time a year that gets us away from it all and recharges our batteries, and in one swoop every single penny of it is gone but we are thankful and feel lucky we had it.

So, here I am, going way out on a limb and throwing this out at the universe and to you, my wonderful friends…if you enjoy Supply Saturday, if you enjoy the journal pages and art you find here, if you’ve learned something from a tutorial you’ve found on Craft Therapy, or if you’ve found support from something I’ve said, we would be forever in your debt if you would drop a little something in the Chip In tip jar at the bottom of this post…every dollar would mean the world to me; to US as a family…or you could buy something from my Etsy shop. Either would help us out of a desperate situation tremendously.

Savannah has no gas money, no scrubs for work, no money to buy her Arkansas license (a requirement!), no money to pay the $75 a week for daycare until she get get her first check from the new job (3 weeks away) and Richie & I have depleted every morsel of our savings and we are now down to not having gas money ourselves until payday after all of the saving we’ve done over the past 6 months.

We are going to be listing things on Ebay and I will be adding things to my Etsy every day but it’s going to take much more than what we have to offer to get us out of this HUGE hole.  I feel like such a failure for even putting the Chip In button on here but, as I’ve seen recently through a friend of mine, we live in a wonderful community and we are all here to support each other…so I am coming to the only place I know to come for help, my beautiful art community. 

To make it worth your while, I am going to give away three awesome prizes and every person that donates, no matter the size of your donation ($1 or $100, every penny is appreciated by us) will be entered to one of these great goodies…

1. A FREE 10 pack set of Sharpie Water-based Paint Pens, found in my Etsy Shop (See ‘em HERE.)
2. This sweet little framed art piece entitled “A Rainbow of Butterflies” that I created (you can see it HERE.)
3. One of my very favorite art pieces I’ve ever created, “The Meaning of Love'” (check it out HERE.)

All you have to do to be included in the drawing for these great prizes is hit the Chip In Button below and donate what you can spare. After you do, leave a comment on this post letting me know that you donated and your name will be entered in the drawing for one of these great prizes.  I will leave the button up until June 15th (unless we get enough before then) and I will do the drawings for the goodies that evening.

Any help you can give us right now would mean more than you can ever know...even if you can’t donate anything, if you would spread the word by blog, tweet, Facebook, MySpace or use any other way you have to tell your friends about this drawing, I will be forever in your debt.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

(And I haven’t forgotten Supply Saturday, it will be up a little later this evening…just so y’all don’t think it has slipped my mind in the midst of all this mess. LOL)

Peace, Love & Appreciation Always,
Barb


7 comments:

  1. OK I am in, sorry it is not much but I have been there so many times, when even 50 cents in pennies made a difference. I will tell my followers from my blog tomorrow so hopefully they can help and pass it on and get you some help. Hang in there my friend!! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Barb I am so very sorry--what a trying time for you and your dear family. It sounds like you will all be bonded even more tightly after this whole ordeal. Your overflowing, generous heart will help carry you through.

    I hope my donation went through okay--I don't see it on the ChipIn yet, but maybe it takes a moment. I wish I could give more, but I know every bit helps.

    Sending hugs and warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! i cannot find the link to your etsy so i can order some supplies! where is it? is the one at the beginning of the blog? because there are only pens and jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left something for you, Barb. Hope things get better for you and your family very soon....better days. Peace. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I blogged about this last night, too--hope it helps!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet daughter, Amanda/Persistent Green, blogged about you, and that's how I found you. I'm gonna do the Chip thing now, and I send you the biggest hug I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just left a donation on the Chip thingie . . .hopefully it went through okay. Is there any way to be sure?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...