Saturday, June 26, 2010

Broke in Vegas

I know that y’all probably thought I fell off the face of the earth since I haven’t posted in over 10 days but here I am…I’m baaaack.

Man, I missed you guys!

If you remember, Richie & I had booked a vacation to Las Vegas way back in March…the roundtrip flight and hotel were all paid for, we just had no spending money but we decided to go anyway. We left early last Saturday and just returned home last night.

You would think that the last place you’d want to go when you are extremely broke would be Vegas but that is so not true. There are more things to do that are absolutely free than you can imagine. The fountain show and the Conservatory, both at Bellagio, the Volcano eruption at The Mirage, the wildlife preserve at The Flamingo, beautiful art galleries, sculptures and architecture everywhere you turn, and the list goes on and on and on.

There is so much to see and so much to do, none of it costing a single dime but all of it spectacular. What we found that was really awesome was that we still had comps (freebies) on our players cards from our visit to Vegas back in 2006 (yea, from four years ago!!!) which allowed us to eat most of our meals for free, too. That was so awesome (and much needed, to be honest.)

We spent lots of time just relaxing and napping in our very nice room (we stayed at Harrah’s on the strip) and we did a ton of walking…all of which we needed.

Who says a vacation has to be about money? Trust me, it doesn’t.

Anyway, I have tons of photos to share with y’all, I just have to get them uploaded but that is going take me a couple of days…I have laundry to catch up on, my DVR’d TV shows to watch, journaling to do, and some Etsy & Ebay orders to get packaged and get mailed…not to mention that I am in big need of doing a Supply Saturday post, too.

Thanks for wondering about me and checking in on me (you know who you are)…I’m back and life remains very good.

Peace & Love,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun and got away for a few days. I went to Las Vegas once, about 5 years ago. It really was beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...