Monday, May 3, 2010

Things Unseen

It was a good weekend…restful, creative and full of love. Well, let me be honest, all my days are full of love. But it most certainly hasn’t always been that way. No, not by any stretch of the imagination.

The Busy-ness of LifeMy first marriage was to an alcoholic who was mentally abusive. Almost 20 years of constant battling, being made to feel like I was unworthy of anything better…I am still working on overcoming all of the harsh effects of that past life.

Somewhere deep inside I knew better and that little place would rear its head and I would run…run far and fast, trying to get away from the ill effects that diseased marriage was having on me…but it took me 20 years to finally be done with it.

I like the fact that all of the running I’ve done for the past 4 1/2 years has been from place to place in the normal busy-ness of life. No more running for me, except to the grocery store.

All a part of life, I suppose.

Peace & Love,
Barb

 

4 comments:

  1. I love this page... And kudos to you for having left that first marriage. It takes guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journaling and appreciate your sharing and honest words. Getting out of an abusive relationship doesn't happen fast, but when it does end, that emptiness can be filled with so much love and joy. Glad you are feelin' it! Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me when I say I am so sorry about the first one. So glad this one is the ONE!! Love the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! I really like this art journal spread! I love how you captured the feeling of running in the person you drew. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...