Thursday, May 13, 2010

Matters of the Heart

So much happening in the past few days, all of it keeping me busy as a one-armed paper-hanger (no offense intended to any one-armed paper-hangers there might be reading) and my heart all in a knot.

A trip to Columbus, Mississippi for lunch with my sisters and nephews and to bring my oldest sister back home with us to spend a few days. She was hitching a ride to Arkansas with us on Monday to attend my oldest daughter, Savannah’s, nursing school Pinning Ceremony…which went splendidly.

IMG_0053 Here she is receiving her pin…and she’s really a nurse…my baby girl.  I am so proud of her!

By the time we got home Monday night it was 1am and we were all exhausted so luckily we had taken Tuesday off work to recuperate. Whew! No one ever told me getting older was such hard work.

Unfortunately, my precious furbaby, Tyson, has been getting bouts of aggression that it is believed to be early signs of canine dementia so yesterday, contrary to everything my heart was screaming, I had to have him put down before he really hurt someone. He was never aggressive toward me but it was progressively happening to everyone BUT me and it was only growing worse. Confusion was setting in and he seemed to hurt when having to get up or down.

You just have no idea…I loved this guy so unbelievably much.IMG_0586He always put up with my shenanigans, my dressing him up like the Easter Bunny, my kissing him all over his face…he learned tricks (even at almost 6 years old) just to please me. He was so perceptive to me and my illnesses that he knew when I wasn’t feeling well or when my blood sugar was off kilter and wouldn’t leave my side.

This beautiful boy was truly my best friend…and my heart aches deeply now that he’s gone. I haven’t been able to stop crying for long since letting him go…and I know that I will never stop missing him.

 IMG_0517 I love you, Ty-Ty…you were the best ever and you’ll always be in my heart.

Peace & Love,
Barb

11 comments:

  1. dear Barb,

    my heart goes out to you.
    please accept my condolences on your loss of Tyson. I know how deep that loss can be as I lost my furbaby of 11 soulful years in 2006.
    May time ease the pain and may happy memories move in to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to do the same with our pooch of 12 years two years ago and while the pain of that horrible day has ebbed somewhat, the memories of her presence will never go away. I understand how you feel and my heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb ~

    Sending much love to you too! I just can't believe this is happening to so many of us. To say I understand the grief you're feeling would be an understatement. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathies go out to you. I had to put my dear Piper (German Shepherd) down a few years ago. It's a terribly difficult decision. May you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Barb. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh honey, I didn't realize anything was wrong with Tyson. I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. We had to do the same thing with Maxx..he black chow we had from 89-92. He got aggressive with a friend when I held her baby...was jealous and bit her in the face (the mom, not the baby). It broke my heart, but we couldn't have him hurting our friends or even strangers. And chows are only loyal to 1 person, so you cant just give them away. It broke my heart and I still cry everytime I hear the song that was playing as we drove him to the vet that last time.."everything I do, I do it for you" by Bryan Adams.
    ***BIG BIG HUGS***

    ReplyDelete
  7. O Barb!
    Congratulations on your baby girl! You don't look old enough to have an official nurse for a daughter!

    I am sooooo sorry for your loss too... I am very close to being in your position. My big fur baby is sick, going blind, and may need to be put down soon... I think I'm being selfish for not wanting to do it, but he's my baby!

    I'll pray for you and hope you'll do the same for me... ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! Congrats to your daughter. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your dog. Pets are so wonderful. My love goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Barb, so sorry to hear about your Tyson. Sending hugs and warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...