Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, Monday

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way

The Mamas & the Papas

====================================

It’s yet another Monday, my least favorite day of the week (even though I love my job) and this one really started off so crappy! Guess that would explain why I’m at home and not at work, huh?

Tyson got out of the fence as I was leaving for work so I had to round him up and get him back in…then, after driving 35 miles toward my ultimate work destination, I realized that I hadn’t taken my morning meds. I MUST have my meds or I can not function (my diabetes will go haywire, panic attacks can often set in, etc.) so I had checked my purse for my “extras” that I carry for these exact times….nope, took ‘em a while back and forgot to refill my stash. UGH!

I had to turn around and trek the 35 miles back home to get my meds, meaning I was going to be over an hour late. Sheesh! Talk about a Monday.

Know the funny thing? I realized when I got home to take my meds that I had also forgotten to put on a bra!!! Uh, hello…was I smoking crack this morning or what? It’s like my brain just decided to shut down on me this morning so I called the boss’s voicemail (since he decided not to answer) and let him know I was just going to take today off and told him about the med mix-up (but I didn’t tell him about the whole bra thing. LOL)

I am lucky to have the job I have which gives me the option to work on the days I want most of the time…today was an “opt out” day, I guess.

So, now that I’ve made a short story quite long, that explains why I’m home on a Monday. Now, what am I going to do with my free day? Hmmm….

I hope your Monday started out better than mine.

Peace & Love,
Barb

 

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the only way to go from there was UP! Hope your day improved! I am a teacher, back from a week-lomg spring break from school, and forgot my lesson plan book (which made me feel naked all day). I think I had a bra on, though. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...