Sunday, April 11, 2010

Living the Zen Life

It’s funny to me how time changes our perspective on things. I know how vastly different I see things now than I did when I was in my 20’s…even than I did in my 30’s.

I know that when I was younger, I felt in such a rush for things to happen, for days to pass, to get to some particular point in time…but now, even though I know I have much fewer days in front of me than I did back then, I am in so much less of a hurry.  I find that I am savoring my days so much more than ever, enjoying my moments, stopping to smell the roses (literally & figuratively.)

tyson easter

How can you not giggle at the sight of this big, beautiful dog of mine with his silly Easter bunny ears on? LOL  There’s a reason I’m sharing this pic with you (besides the laugh it’ll give ya)…

Have you ever stopped to think about how much better you feel after a few days filled with being outside in nature, spending time laughing like crazy, doing things that center your soul and that you can lose yourself in, being surrounded by those you love and that make you feel good deep down in your soul?  Doing those things that enrich your life heal your spirit and your body? 

That’s how I’ve spent the past few days…laughing like a hyena with my husband, hanging beautiful plants on my big (Southern) front porch and enjoying our big ol’ yaIMG_0589rd, rolling around on the floor and playing with Tyson, losing myself in carving new stamps or art journaling and totally immersing myself in the processes.  I think doing these kinds of things and living like this constantly are what they talk about when they speak of living a Zen life.

Laughter is such a healing thing. Living in the moment is calming to the soul and that is another way we can heal ourselves. Finding those things that make us relax and feel complete and that we can lose ourselves in is but another step in healing…mentally and physically.

Springtime does this to me…it renews my lust for life and my need to heal and feel good.  I DO feel good these days. I’m ready to go back to work and work hard (and earn some money!)

Speaking of working and earning money, the hubby and I have decided that we need a new car…with all the traveling I do for work, we need a car that can handle the miles I have to put on it. We were just looking for something used but new to us but what we found that fit what we need (even budget-wise) was this sweet little ride…and it’s BRAND NEW (I have never had a brand new car in my entire life!!!):IMG_0593

So, tomorrow morning we have to go to our bank and see about getting the financing for it. WOW! I’m so excited, I just  can’t tell you.  Wish us luck!

See…when my attitude changes from the dark thoughts of a severely depressed woman to that of one who sees the light and the beauty in the world, the things around me start changing….things don’t just look brighter, they become brighter.

I’ve even gotten up off my ass and re-opened my Etsy store. YAY!  I’ve listed some jewelry (at sale prices!) that is left from my days of making jewelry AND (drumroll, please…) I’m listing some great art journaling products, too! Some things I’m selling are supplies that can be hard to find, hoping to make it easier for my art journaling friends to get some of those goodies that make art journaling so fun. I hope you’ll check it out and see what I might be offering that you want or need…and I’m listing new art journaling stuff everyday so come back often! If you have any supplies you’re looking for, let me know in a comment or an email and I’ll see what I can do to find ‘em for you.

Anyway…

Life really is good (and not just because of the car but because of all of the beauty and goodness I see around me.) I wonder…what beauty and goodness are you missing out on each day as you zoom past them in the constant rush of life? Share it with me…

Peace & Love,
Barb

10 comments:

  1. Barb, What a wonderful post, full of potential, full of good thoughts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reflection in this post...and I must have those water-based sharpies you're selling...hope they are still available when I get paid at the end of the month! :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Your happiness is contagious! I'm left smiling after reading your post!Good luck tomorrow at the bank.

    By the way, love the redesign of the blog too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you musta been posting while I was reading, b/c this wasn't here when I checked earlier! lol

    that Zen feeling you mentioned, is how I feel when I'm at Greg's. No matter how bad our days are, w/in minutes of being together, we are laughing hysterically at each other. It's just so wonderful!

    cute car!!! what kind is it? Greg's already talking about paying mine off or down, and then trading it in for something else. (since I'm "so hard on cars"..ie, drive so much) We're thinking one of those cute lexus suvs! Then I'd be styling like Vampira, who only drives Lexuses now! lol

    goin to check your Etsy before hittin the hay!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, this is a GORGEOUS post--thank you so much for taking the time to share it.

    As a woman in her 20s, I do often get caught in the trap of always leaning into the next day--what needs to be done, wishing I had something more or better, wondering what will happen. In the midst of all that, I completely lose sight of NOW. THIS moment. This moment is all I need.

    I am so in awe that you can be experiencing such joyful moments like these so soon after your health escapades--just imagine what you'll be like in a week or two! Hurray!

    Sending big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, a joy to read. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to see you are up & at em!! Wonderful post and filled with my thoughts exactly! Already bought stuff, couldn't resist.
    Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stamps that you carved are so amazing! Congrats on the new car, too. That's always fun.

    Here's to SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've found I've become so wrapped up in internet things, I'm missing the simple things of life. So I'm trying to pull away, spend more time out in nature. Of course, this bouncing weather, rain, and dancing barometer isn't making it easy! That, and I went to fill bike tires and they had separated from the frame. *sigh* I so want a bike ride!

    Ps. How are you doing? I never heard back from you! Email me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...