Thursday, April 8, 2010

Intricacies

I know that I’m probably confusing everyone with the constant changes to my blog layout and I’m sorry. 

There’s a reason for this need to change things up around here and it’s probably based on the fact that my entire adult life I have moved from house to house, at least every 6 months.  But since being with my hubby (4 1/2 years now), we don’t move all the time. We’re stable. So I embrace my need for change in my blog…I change the things around here, my other home, in order to appease my need for “change.”  I hope it doesn’t freak y’all out too much…and, once again, thanks for sticking with me.

In other news, I’m healing from surgery (and from all my other “stuff”) well.  I feel so much better than I did before having my gall bladder out. My spirits continue to lift with the beautiful weather we’re having, too. Spring is just such a great time for my (and many others out there) psyche…everything turning green and blossoming…it’s just so rejuvenating after a long, cold winter.

My addiction to stamp carving continues…and what a fun addiction it is! A Twitter friend turned me on to Geninne’s awesome carved stamps and this one, of a doily, that she did just amazes me so much! She hand drew the doily onto the carving material, carved it (she said it took her about 2 hours), and then her masterpiece was complete and she stamped with it (with white ink, no less)…. It is so gorgeous! Geninne inspires me to really push myself and carve something that is large and intricate and beautiful.  I just love this piece so much.

Geninne is awesome so go check her blog and lots of her other fabulous creations out HERE.

I’ve had so much going on with my healing, trying to keep creating art in some way every single day, and still trying to keep up with my normal every day kind of stuff like laundry, cooking & cleaning. I guess I’m managing everything pretty well, too. I can’t wait to be completely healed because I am so ready to get out and ride the ATV down to the river, play in the water and just be out in nature and have some fun! WOOT!!!

Now, time to watch Sober House and then get into the Studio and get creative for a while…I really gotta figure out some way to mount my stamps. Hmmm…

Happy Thursday, y’all!

Peace & Love,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. A lot of the rubber stamps I've seen in letterboxes use small wood blocks to mount their stamp on. It's much easier to stamp when they're on a block than without!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are feeling better.
    What kind of diet restrictions do you have to follow now that you don't have a gall bladder? Any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey..I see one of my new blog finds over on your list ....tatertots & jello!! I've just discovered her and am loving her blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! I am so thrilled to hear that you're feeling more like yourself again, and it's only getting better.

    Your description of your freshly cut grass and new flowers sounds wonderful...our grass is still all squished from the snow here, but we're getting there! Your new blog makeover looks great too.

    And WOW, yes, that stamp is amazing. Makes me want to go carve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew how to add a background to my blog. Any chance of a lesson, video tutorial maybe, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...