Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easing Back into Things

I haven’t been online much at all the past 5 or 6 days…it’s really taking all my energy these past few days to get back into the swing of working.  And, when you work 6:30am to 4:30 or 5pm while still trying to get over surgery…yeah, it can tire a girl out pretty good. I will say that it feels really good to be back at work (no matter how tired it is making me) and to once again have purpose to my days.

C’mon…Who am I kidding…it also feels really good to be bringing in some cash to the household! YAY for earning some money again. LOL

The new car is making my long drives to and from work (I’m going to and from Tuscaloosa which is almost 90 miles each way) a whole lot more fun than usual, too.  *smile*

The weekend has been a good one…relaxing, doing laundry (the bane of my existence!), napping, prepping the last of my  pages in my Moleskine, and the topper was seeing family that I haven’t seen for literally years.  My step-son from my first marriage (my daughters’ half-brother) came to town with his fiancé and spent most of the day Saturday visiting with us and it was so good to see him. I might have divorced his father but I guess I’ll always consider him my son. It really did my daughter, Shelby, good to see her brother, too. It’s been too long.Shel and Chris

Not much else to tell y’all about since working and sleeping seem to be taking up most of my time these past few days but I did want to drop in and say Hi, let y’all know where I’ve been and what’s up with me these days.

Oh, I did get out some orders for my Etsy shop this past week (so Sharon & Gerri, you should have your goodies the first of the week) and I had wanted to list some other new things but just no time or energy to get it done…yet. Maybe in the next few days I can get that done. If there are any supplies for art journaling or mixed media that you are looking for that you’d like to see in the shop, please drop me a note or leave me a comment to let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Speaking of my Etsy, in a effort to clear out the items in my clearance section (jewelry from my jewelry making days), I wanted give you guys, my loyal and wonderful blog readers, a little extra something…so, if you order any item from the clearance section I will give you free shipping on those items.  Just put “Craft Therapy” in the notes when you order. Whee!!!

Everyone have a great week and remember to be kind to yourselves…and each other.

Peace & Love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Hi, So glad you are feeling better. Working seems to do that to you sometimes. Change of pace. Glad to see you got to spend some time with the family you don't get to see often. Take it easy, my friend and don't overdo. Remember I am watching;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going better :-)

    I somehow didn't have you hearted on Etsy! Fixed that quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yanno..I didn't realize Chris was divorced. He was in the ER in the bed next to us last fall on one of the trips Molly and I made (I think it was her's). He doesn't know me tho..I don't think. Eric only does barely..cuz of Casey. But chris doesn't. Love the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops.it wasn't the ER..it was the after hours Clinic. It's at the hospital NEXT to the ER. dang..I need to go to bed! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...