Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quite the Handful…

I have been rather quiet lately, dealing with health issue upon health issue and on and on, ad nauseum.

But, at long last, I have finally gotten some real diagnosis' for the all over body pain I have been dealing with and for the localized pain in my upper abdomen that is in conjunction with nausea, vomiting, etc.

My doc has diagnosed me with fibromyalgia (that’s the all over body pain) and he’s added/changed my meds to help ease the fibro pain.

In addition, my gall bladder has gone kaput on me so I am having surgery on Monday to remove that bad boy. Lots of other things have been found and my new doctor is all about doing what needs to be done in order to help me feel better and get back to semi-normal. This treatment has included a buttload of meds…Cymbalta (depression & fibro), is one of the bigger changes but it is already seeming to work. YAY!!! 78608111This is just my morning doses…two more of the little blue capsules throughout the day and another even larger handful at dinner and a few more at bedtime.

I am way too young to be this damn old…and to be taking such a huge pharmaceutical array everyday.

Anyway, it looks like I’ll be off work for another 2 1/2 to 3 weeks because of the gall bladder surgery but my surgeon says I will feel awesomely better after having that diseased little guy yanked out. OMG, it will be so nice to feel better. I am so sick of being sick.

Thankfully, I have a wonderfully supportive husband that would never give up on me and that sees me through all this health crap…not to mention that he encourages me to keep busy with my art.  He knows how healing my art is for me.

Speaking of my art, I have managed to create some stuff that I really like lately.

And these are just a few of my little creative endeavors, not to mention the art journal pages I’ve squeaked out here and there.

Then there is the art that my precious grandboy, Noah, created in the studio with me while he was visiting this past weekend. I adore that child so much and he surely won my heart over even more (and I didn’t think that was possible) when he began to paint so freely while we talked. I was painting at my work area and he was painting at “his paint table” when he said “When I grow up, I want to be an artist just like you Nana.”

OMG! I melted into a puddle of gooey mush when he said that to me. He is such a huge part of my heart and to know that he sees me as an artist, without it being something someone had ever told him…and to know he wants to be creative in his life. Nothing could be better to me.

I guess that’s about it for now. I just wanted to let y’all know what’s going on with me and give an idea of why I may not be around much over the next week or so, with the surgery and all.

Take care of yourselves and keep on creating!

Peace & Love,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. I am reading your post at work and your photo's must be on Flickr, which I cannot access at work, so I cannot tell you at the moment that I love your beautiful artwork, but I am certain that it is beautiful. It always is.

    It is good that you know what is wrong so you can be treated appropriately. You will feel so much better very soon. Sixteen years ago I had my gall bladder removed two weeks after having a c-section. The process was fine and I felt better in no time. You will too. I had it done laparascopically, which makes it easier afterwards.

    Your grandson sounds delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time lately. Hopefully you'll feel more like yourself after the surgery. I'm pulling for you!

    Your artwork is lovely and inspiring--I especially love the LOVE one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry about the gall bladder. i had mine out last year, after a ridiculous amount of pain, and it was fine. i had the laproscopic surgery. i was just a bit uncomfortable for a while.

    fibro is a hard diagnosis. hard to treat and hard to live with. i wish you the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love and prayers are with you and your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, finally two diagnosis' and the permanent removal of one pain. LOL Hate to see the handful of meds but glad to know they are managing things for you finally. You do not deserve to live with pain and all that goes with it. (my dad had undiagnosed RA for years and finally now has a little relief from it). I will be thinking very good thoughts for you during your surgery and recovery. Good to see you making art and that it is making you happy as it already makes us (your fans) happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sending healing thoughts to you for your surgery. Good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh..I love the family piece, too!! But I still love the Love one mostest!
    Are they not gonna do the gall bladder lapriscopically (sp?) I thought you only had to be off for a week or so with that one. Casey's sister Monica had that done this school year. I think she only had to miss a week of school to recouperate. *shrugs*

    I don't envy you. I've been putting it off for years, just downing the ibuprofin after eating something I shouldn't! I'm a chicken!! BAWK BAWK!!

    Noah is the man! I can't believe how old he is already!
    Love you..keep me posted on the surgery!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Barb,
    I am DianaDartist from Twitter, and in following you I read this and discovered you have fibromyalgia too. It is a tough one, and usually comes with many other visitors (crap) and I feel for ya... My struggle with it is ongoing, but I Have SO MUCH to be deeply thankful and creative for.... Hugs and prayers for you as you sort through (and medicate!) ;-) Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...