Monday, March 15, 2010

Creating & Thrifting

We spent the weekend away, celebrating our 4th Anniversary. We had a good time, ate wonderful meals, slept in a super comfy bed, played blackjack and Baccarat, and really just enjoyed our time away…alone.

We all need some time away to recharge our batteries and that is exactly what this was for us.

For the past week, when I haven’t been dealing with doctors and medical tests, I have been busy creating art. Art of all different types.  It feels good to create and I have the extra incentive to create with a deal that my sister and I have…we each pick something we want to achieve and become accountable to each other for completing those things.  If we don’t accomplish our goals each week, we owe the other money for each part not completed.  Yeah, cash is always a good incentive but it’s really more about being accountable to someone besides ourselves.  It has certainly helped get me into the studio more and helped me procrastinate less.

I am a huge thrift store/garage sale fan. I’m always looking for a deal and for “stuff” I can use in my art, too.  I often find things for our house and it’s unbelievable the deals I come across on things I use to create art pieces.  I thought I’d share my latest thrift store find that I’m excited about…

IMG_0548

I got this pristine, antique canister set a couple of weeks ago for a mere $5.00.  I love a great deal!  Aren’t they fabulous?

What great finds have you come across in your thrift store or yard sale trips lately?

Peace & Love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. i'm glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yard saleing and flea markets are one of my fav things. I go to yard sales on Saturday and then on Sunday we go to flea market. That is where your eyes came from:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too cold for yard sales here yet...and I took Molly to the whatacallit store...you know..the one here..crap, what's it calle? Not The Melon Patch....that's the restaurant they run. Anyway, you know the place I'm talking about. She got a couple of sweaters there for a couple bucks. But they don't have a lot of "good stuff". I need a trip to that store in Memphis we went to! Yeh!! WE need to plan that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely, Barb! I don't get to yard sale much because I can never get out of bed and be there by 6 to beat the professionals. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...